PDA

View Full Version : Pinn vs. WG

Excessive Detail
02-17-2007, 03:18 PM
After watching the Pinn Detainling video, which I must say was awesome and helpful, I was amazed at how little Pinn soap ws needed for 5 gallons of water, I've been using nxt, i love th stuff, but I have to use about 1 oz per gallon. I really want to get some Pinn soap, but to be honest I can't spend twenty on a bottle of soap right now, but I did see that WG's soap was only 9.99, and from what I read it seems to be basically the same as Pinn, which leads me too another, I also really liked the Pinn tire gel, but again the price, once agin I saw Wg's tire gel cheaper, so my overall question is: are pinn products and wg products basically the same, will I get the as good of results if I go with the WG?
Not trying to say anything about pinn. prices, I'm sure it very well worth it, I'm just a little strapped for cash, those two cans of Pinn Souv. kinda broke me for a while.

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-17-2007, 03:37 PM
I have used both soaps, the Pinnacle has more suds and feels softer than the
Wolfgang. i gave my Wolfgang soap away. The tire gel seems the same to me.

supercharged
02-17-2007, 11:11 PM
After watching the Pinn Detainling video, which I must say was awesome and helpful, I was amazed at how little Pinn soap ws needed for 5 gallons of water, I've been using nxt, i love th stuff, but I have to use about 1 oz per gallon. I really want to get some Pinn soap, but to be honest I can't spend twenty on a bottle of soap right now, but I did see that WG's soap was only 9.99, and from what I read it seems to be basically the same as Pinn, which leads me too another, I also really liked the Pinn tire gel, but again the price, once agin I saw Wg's tire gel cheaper, so my overall question is: are pinn products and wg products basically the same, will I get the as good of results if I go with the WG?
Not trying to say anything about pinn. prices, I'm sure it very well worth it, I'm just a little strapped for cash, those two cans of Pinn Souv. kinda broke me for a while.
Pinnacle has natural coconut oil, that's what makes it more expensive.
If you are looking for the best alternative - get Poorboy's SS&S. It's one of the best car wash soaps you can but, and it comes in 32 oz bottles.

Excessive Detail
02-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Pinnacle has natural coconut oil, that's what makes it more expensive.
If you are looking for the best alternative - get Poorboy's SS&S. It's one of the best car wash soaps you can but, and it comes in 32 oz bottles.

Hows the water to soap ratio? I'll probably get some Pinn. soap later when I get some more money.

supercharged
02-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Hows the water to soap ratio? I'll probably get some Pinn. soap later when I get some more money.
Same as Pinnacle - 1 oz to 2 gallons of water. The rest is all foam. You will love this wash. That's why it's called Super Slick and Suds.

JSR
02-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Same as Pinnacle - 1 oz to 2 gallons of water. The rest is all foam. You will love this wash. That's why it's called Super Slick and Suds.

Have to agree about the Poorboys SSS. I just received my extra gallon to use on my boat with another foam gun. Its also biodegrageable. I was using simple green and wondering why my boat wax would not last until I found this forum. One of the better finds thanks to the folks on here. Pass it forward

supercharged
02-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Have to agree about the Poorboys SSS. I just received my extra gallon to use on my boat with another foam gun. Its also biodegrageable. I was using simple green and wondering why my boat wax would not last until I found this forum. One of the better finds thanks to the folks on here. Pass it forward
I personally can't stand simple green. It gives me one heck of an allergy, makes me sneeze so hard, that sometimes even my nose bleeds. Stay away form simple green. Even Turtle Wax is better.