PDA

View Full Version : Megliore Primo??? worth it? esp vs other WOWO nubas?

Pages : [1] 2

sportscarhiatus
11-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Any other update on this wax? Was thinking about getting it.... I know some say it's worth the extra effort of removal, but is it better or on par than say, Souveran or Fuzion? Am debating if I should purchase it with AG's current sale.

Dr Oldz
11-07-2011, 01:03 PM
I have used it a few times. I really like the look. It is indeed harder to apply and remove than Souveran or Fuzion but that extra effort can be made up in the durability department. I had it on a vehicle for 3 months and was beading like day one. If you will personally like the look is opinionated but I think it is a great wax.

Garry Dean
11-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Driwash, aka, Tom, has Primo. You should ask him what he thinks.

sportscarhiatus
11-07-2011, 01:18 PM
I have used it a few times. I really like the look. It is indeed harder to apply and remove than Souveran or Fuzion but that extra effort can be made up in the durability department. I had it on a vehicle for 3 months and was beading like day one. If you will personally like the look is opinionated but I think it is a great wax.

Thanks Doc! I saw your review, and your truck looked fantastic! Thank you for that review.

I appreciate your comment about durability, however, for me, durability is probably my lowest priority :) This was (if I buy it) would be used on my toy car, which never sees precipitation or cold temps. (Hench why I love Souveran - great looks, zero durability...)

So as far as looks, I would like to get your opinion (and others) as far as how this wax "looks" on paint, particularly black/dark colors. Is it wet looking, is it glossy, is it deep, etc..... really, what I'm after as far as looks, is it BETTER than Souveran or Fuzion which would essentially answer the question if it's worth buying it for 100 bucks.

Driwash, aka, Tom, has Primo. You should ask him what he thinks.

Thanks Garry. I saw Tom's review. I was hoping to get other people's input on this? Surely Doc and Tom aren't the only ones who has bought and tried this? ;)

WRAPT C5Z06
11-07-2011, 02:26 PM
What happened to the 370Z?

Dr Oldz
11-07-2011, 02:42 PM
The best way I can describe it is: it adds a crystal clear gloss that really highlights the paint underneath and adds a 3d deep look. Souveran tends to darken paint a bit while adding a wet look. I wouldn't say Primo is better than Souveran or visa versa. I would consider them different looks and both are great.

sportscarhiatus
11-07-2011, 02:45 PM
What happened to the 370Z?

Hi Mark... how you been? Long time. I just haven't been on the boards lately, since work has been getting the best of me. I haven't had much time to detail. Also, I traded the Z in for a 5.0. Needed a back seat for my first kid, since he loves coming to shows with me. Now I can take wife with too. Also just found out we are expecting kid #2, so made most sense to get a back seat. I realized that though I love my toy car/hobby, I love it more if I can enjoy it with my family.

I don't get my 5.0 till 2 weeks from now (freshly ordered and built).

That, and also I got sick of white :D haha. I was ready to use Souveran again... I missed having paint with DEPTH. Have you seen Kona Blue??? love it.

But back on topic... did you use Megliore Primo?

sportscarhiatus
11-07-2011, 02:49 PM
The best way I can describe it is: it adds a crystal clear gloss that really highlights the paint underneath and adds a 3d deep look. Souveran tends to darken paint a bit while adding a wet look. I wouldn't say Primo is better than Souveran or visa versa. I would consider them different looks and both are great.

hmmmmm very interesting. I know what "wet look" looks like... but I am trying to understand the difference between that and 3D look, as you described. Fuzion had about 1/2 the look of Souveran plus a WGDGPS....

Primo somewhere there?

Dr Oldz
11-07-2011, 03:12 PM
hmmmmm very interesting. I know what "wet look" looks like... but I am trying to understand the difference between that and 3D look, as you described. Fuzion had about 1/2 the look of Souveran plus a WGDGPS....

Primo somewhere there?

I can make this very simple. Send me ur shipping info and I'll send you A small sample. Then you can decide if you like it or not.

Garry Dean
11-07-2011, 03:32 PM
I can make this very simple. Send me ur shipping info and I'll send you A small sample. Then you can decide if you like it or not.

You can't go wrong with that deal.

sportscarhiatus
11-07-2011, 03:39 PM

You're too kind. Before I trouble you with that, I'd like to see what other folks have to say about it too. I can't imagine only you and Tom are the only 2 folks to use this.

Usually, folks on AG forum are pretty honest about how they feel towards products, which I can appreciate. If no one else chimes in, I'll pm you my shipping, if you truly don't mind. However, AG's sale ends by midnight tonight, so was hoping to decide by tonight :)

Rsurfer
11-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I don't think Primo is worth the effort. Stick with Souveran for that new Stang.

Ron Atchison
11-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Fuzion had about 1/2 the look of Souveran plus a WGDGPS....
I'm not sure I totally understand what 1/2 the look is? So your saying Souveran is that much better Fuzion? I used Fuzion on a black car and thought it looked great. I guess I need to try it out. What was so different

funkeburns23
11-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Great wax the natural oils are what makes it harder to apply or remove but I agree worth it

sportscarhiatus
11-07-2011, 11:31 PM
I'm not sure I totally understand what 1/2 the look is? So your saying Souveran is that much better Fuzion? I used Fuzion on a black car and thought it looked great. I guess I need to try it out. What was so different

My apologies if I wasn't clear.

When I said "1/2", I meant Fuzion had 1/2 the properties of Souveran and WGDGPS combined. Souveran = dripping wet dark color look, WGDGPS = sealant glossy look, but still rich. So Fuzion had the BEST of both worlds = wet and glossy, but not as much as either one way or another.

So for me, I alternate between those 3.... along with Supernatural of course.

Great wax the natural oils are what makes it harder to apply or remove but I agree worth it

Do you have any pics of what you used it on?