PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Coat/Guard, CQuartz, C1 and the Kitchen Sink

Becciasm
11-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Has anyone had experience applying an advanced coating on other surfaces aside from the typical auto paint/trim/glass/metal? What about for an RV owner looking to minimize cleaning of the interior surfaces - sinks, bathroom surfaces, mirrors, etc?

I've just spent the day "detailing" (according to the wife :buffing: ) the bathrooms in my house. I'm usually in the kitchen as well cleaning up after our meals. I figure since these coatings can stand up to harsh automotive cleaning chemicals and tunnel washes, food residue or toothpaste won't stand a chance staying on these surfaces.

richy
11-06-2011, 10:39 PM
When I got my first tube of Opti Coat 1.5 yrs ago, the first place I tested it on was the bathroom sink. I have since tested Permanon on the mirrors and as a topper to the OC/OG.

dougaross
11-06-2011, 11:44 PM
When I got my first tube of Opti Coat 1.5 yrs ago, the first place I tested it on was the bathroom sink. I have since tested Permanon on the mirrors and as a topper to the OC/OG.
I would sure be interested on your opinions on Permanon. I have use OC on my interior polished wood trim.

richy
11-07-2011, 08:39 AM
I would sure be interested on your opinions on Permanon. I have use OC on my interior polished wood trim.
Doug, I did a review of it at L2D. (In fact I posted it here too, but it got removed). Bottom line is that I love it. It has its limitations but for how easy it is to apply, it's worth it. There is no other product around that you can just spray on a surface without spreading it with a towel. You can either remove it with a towel or blow it off with a blower. Think wheel barrels as an obvious choice. The only other way to protect them is wheel removal.
The other thing it is great for is a topper for the nano products. It really works well with them: it gives a very smooth finish which they don't on their own and makes the Lotus effect even more pronounced. The limitations I referred to is its longevity. It's 6 months if put on a clean surface. Not nearly as long as the other nano products.
Yes, I am a big fan of it. I read that Phil is looking at bringing it in. That will be a good choice.

JBL
11-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Has anyone had experience applying an advanced coating on other surfaces aside from the typical auto paint/trim/glass/metal? What about for an RV owner looking to minimize cleaning of the interior surfaces - sinks, bathroom surfaces, mirrors, etc?

I've just spent the day "detailing" (according to the wife :buffing: ) the bathrooms in my house. I'm usually in the kitchen as well cleaning up after our meals. I figure since these coatings can stand up to harsh automotive cleaning chemicals and tunnel washes, food residue or toothpaste won't stand a chance staying on these surfaces.

I've got Collinite 845 on my SS kitchen sink. Cleaned it, polished it out with Mother's and then topped it with the 845. Obviously, leaving junk in the sink is going to leave a mark, but it cleans up super fast and easy and lessens the amount of scrubbing needed for a real clean.

I still want to try it out on my shower surround and bathroom sink, just haven't gotten to it yet.

TLMitchell
11-07-2011, 11:48 AM
I've got Opti Coat on the glass surround and brightwork in my shower. I considered the time and grout but concluded that I won't put OC on anything that I'm not willing or is practical to compound in event it needs removed for some reason.

It squeegees off cleaner than Opti Seal, KAIO and other products although it isn't as slick feeling. After 3 months I'm no longer fighting crud buildup in the usual nooks and crannies.

I'll probably Opti Coat the stove top eventually. Making cooked on splatter easier to remove would be a bonus. Much of the rest of the kitchen applicances get UQW or S100 aerosol cleaner/polish. Since Johnson Wax discontinued Jubilee those are about the best substitutes I've found. Honda shops have a Honda-labeled product that I'm guessing is rebranded S100 as it smells, looks and feels the same.

TL