PDA

View Full Version : Leather seat cappuccino spill

95se
11-06-2011, 06:12 PM
I spilled about 10oz of cinnimon nut cappuccino in my passenger's seat of my 240sx last monday. It did have a seat cover on it. I got it home about 15 min or so later and removed the cover. Immediately wiped the seat down with a damp cloth and cleaned the whole front of the seat several times with DP interior cleaner. The seat had been treated with leatherique oil/prest clean about a month prior to this. The seat didn't stain at all but there is still a heavy odor from the drink. I cleaned it again with DP yesterday and sprayed febreze. Also cleaned the carpet and vacuumed it out in case but didn't notice anything on it. I wonder if the inside of the seat is ruined. If it got below the leather and it soaked into the foam or whatever. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Jons6.7
11-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Let this be a lesson, don't drink and drive. Ok had to get that out of the way first.

Does it just smell like the drink or like the drink gone bad? Is the leather perforated/have any cracks in it?

95se
11-06-2011, 07:46 PM
no there are no cracks in the seat. Its in very good condition. I have kept it with leatherique for the last 10 yrs. i guess it just smells like the drink. The drink had been in the car for almost two days. I put it in the center console.. They were out of small cups so had to get one that was taller so I forgot how high it was sticking up and hit it when I went to try to get my bag in the seat. So there u go. No more drink or food ever in the car!