PDA

View Full Version : Best filler glazes/waxes.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Whitethunder46
02-16-2007, 11:42 PM
I searched, but couldn't really come up with anything.

What's a very good wax/glaze that really hides swirls well? I thought VMG was, but it's not available through AG anymore I don't believe.

Basically, I'm looking for something to use on customer cars. I'll be using it after Poli-Seal to hide any more swirls, or at least make them look better. This package is basically the exact same as my "full" package just without all the heavy polishing.

Sevenrd
02-17-2007, 12:11 AM
I've only tried two glazes: RMG and Menzerna. Of those two I prefer RMG. I've found it much easier to apply and remove than the Menzerna. Looks nice too. But I don't think RMG's available through AG anymore either. Shame. The Cleakote products are some of my favorites.

Whitethunder46
02-17-2007, 12:13 AM
That's what I keep running into, nothing available through AG.

ScottB
02-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Look to Megs #5 New Car Glaze or #7 Pure Glaze. Both are fillers ... and yes VMG was a great choice.

If using a sealant versus wax, Optiseal is carnauba compatible, then look to Wolfgangs Finishing Glaze. Very light polish with some sealant friendly fillers.

BILL
02-17-2007, 11:15 AM
I searched, but couldn't really come up with anything.

What's a very good wax/glaze that really hides swirls well? I thought VMG was, but it's not available through AG anymore I don't believe.

Basically, I'm looking for something to use on customer cars. I'll be using it after Poli-Seal to hide any more swirls, or at least make them look better. This package is basically the exact same as my "full" package just without all the heavy polishing.

Take a look at The Chemical guys site......;)

Whitethunder46
02-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Take a look at The Chemical guys site......;)

the thing with them is everything is in a damn gallon. I don't want that much!! haha. There's been a few things I would of liked to try, but I usually found better.

BILL
02-17-2007, 11:21 AM
the thing with them is everything is in a damn gallon. I don't want that much!! haha. There's been a few things I would of liked to try, but I usually found better.

Yeah i know!!..but its good size if your using it commercially $$$

Al-53
02-17-2007, 05:15 PM

thier acrylic glaze comes in 16ozs....look for EXTREME SHINE EZ~CREME GLAZE w/ACRYLIC SHINE II (16 oz)..

this glaze can be used with sealants and waxes....it is acrylic based...

It is a real nice glaze...gives some nice depth and gloss...if you order it tell them you want samples of the other glazes...best to call and ask for Paul..he will set up with samples...

Al

Surfer
02-17-2007, 05:37 PM
thier acrylic glaze comes in 16ozs....look for EXTREME SHINE EZ~CREME GLAZE w/ACRYLIC SHINE II (16 oz)..

this glaze can be used with sealants and waxes....it is acrylic based...

It is a real nice glaze...gives some nice depth and gloss...if you order it tell them you want samples of the other glazes...best to call and ask for Paul..he will set up with samples...

AlAcrylic CG/Danase Glazes looks so deep and wet, dare I say slightly more then RMG. Plus they last about as long as whatever you put on top, other glazes are gone after a couple washes. I made note to Meghan that AG should have a similar product w/ Acrylic base. I didn't really care for XMT Glaze but could be b/c it sucks when applied by 6" pad, just absorbs right into the pad and feels like dry buffing, I'll have to put it on the surface first or use it with a soft 4" Edge Blue pad I have.

Whitethunder46
02-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Acrylic CG/Danase Glazes looks so deep and wet, dare I say slightly more then RMG. Plus they last about as long as whatever you put on top, other glazes are gone after a couple washes. I made note to Meghan that AG should have a similar product w/ Acrylic base. I didn't really care for XMT Glaze but could be b/c it sucks when applied by 6" pad, just absorbs right into the pad and feels like dry buffing, I'll have to put it on the surface first or use it with a soft 4" Edge Blue pad I have.

I've used XMT's once and topped with NB. I just put a few spots on the hood and used the Edge blue pad at speed 4. Worked well. I just have no other glazes to compare it with, and my car is white so it's hard to tell how much "depth" it added. I did notice a slightly crisper reflection... I think, haha. I can never tell!

Surfer
02-17-2007, 06:20 PM
I've used XMT's once and topped with NB. I just put a few spots on the hood and used the Edge blue pad at speed 4. Worked well. I just have no other glazes to compare it with, and my car is white so it's hard to tell how much "depth" it added. I did notice a slightly crisper reflection... I think, haha. I can never tell!Yeh next time I'll have to either put it on the paint first or use the 4" Edge Blue pad. 6" white pad just absorbed it like water, there was a thread on here that seemed everyone else had the same issue. My truck is white too and I didn't notice any difference with XM Glaze. I used RMG on white before and it was noticeable.

Nimble
04-30-2007, 12:49 PM

Saying bad things about CG's simply because they mainly offer large sizes sure doesn't make sense to me. I have a question for you? What company offers a better glaze than EZ creme? I think you'll be hard pressed to top the best. Not to mention their body shop compounds and quality washes, dressings, cleaners, degreasers, etc. It won't kill you to buy something non AG once. I buy 80%+ from AG, but they don't have *everything.* Just my .02 .

budman3
04-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Take a trip to an auto dealer... they seem to have plenty of products that make swirls disappear...

Jimmie
04-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Yeh next time I'll have to either put it on the paint first or use the 4" Edge Blue pad. 6" white pad just absorbed it like water, there was a thread on here that seemed everyone else had the same issue. My truck is white too and I didn't notice any difference with XM Glaze. I used RMG on white before and it was noticeable.

Yeh Surfer same issues with XMT Glaze the first few times that I used it and I was part of the thread that you mention.
A couple of weeks ago I used it again. Said, "Well nothing to lose". I put it on the paint. It didn't leave any of those soak-in marks. Fairly heavy app. too. Spread it with the PC/E2K White on 3 (If I'd move forward and pick up glaze with the front of the pad it would kick some splatters; backed over glaze on paint; no problem.) After it was spread it was worked in on 5 setting. When the pad got loaded up the glaze didn't soak into the pad as much.
Anyway I could tell a big difference. Put it on my wife's white Maxima. It made it slightly darker and a lot wetter. It seemed like the secret was the heavy app. May just keep using it for the smell.

Whitethunder46
04-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Saying bad things about CG's simply because they mainly offer large sizes sure doesn't make sense to me. I have a question for you? What company offers a better glaze than EZ creme? I think you'll be hard pressed to top the best. Not to mention their body shop compounds and quality washes, dressings, cleaners, degreasers, etc. It won't kill you to buy something non AG once. I buy 80%+ from AG, but they don't have *everything.* Just my .02 .

It's not economical at all to purchase something in gallon sizes and only use 8oz's. That's just ridiculous.

Anyways, I got VM and RMG and also made some Pink Moose. Very happy with it so far.
I think I may try Danase glaze next, I've heard that stuff is good.