PDA

View Full Version : Winter prep

slickooz
11-05-2011, 09:46 AM
I just did Klasse AIO, then applied Klasse sealant. I let it cure for 12+ hours and applied 845 onto of it. Would it be an over kill to add one more coat of 845?

I also sealant/845 my wheels. Does it need another layer of 845?

I just used 303 protectant and this thing is AMAZING. I had some scuff marks on plastic and it made them a lot lighter, almost not noticeable.

Setec Astronomy
11-05-2011, 10:55 AM
You're in the wrong place to talk about overkill! Sure, a second coat of 845 for even coverage, as they say.

I think once the 303 dries up a little bit they will become more noticeable but it sure makes you feel better when you're putting it on those scuffs!

What happened with your friend who needed the wetsanding?

QuantumX
11-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Would it be an over kill to add one more coat of 845?

:confused: What is this overkill you talk of?? :dblthumb2:

AirVenture
11-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Wow, I'm doing the exact thing thing as we speak. Right now my car has been AIOed and SGed. Up next is a second coat of SG and then 845. Oh and I 303ed the trim too. It's a great combo I think!

I'm using 303 for the first time. I like the natural shine I get, but I'm running into a lot of blochy-ness on certain trim.

BobbyG
11-05-2011, 11:55 AM
I just did Klasse AIO, then applied Klasse sealant. I let it cure for 12+ hours and applied 845 onto of it. Would it be an over kill to add one more coat of 845?

It might be overkill but that seems to be the norm here me included! :laughing:

If spending a little more time adding an additional coat give you a better comfort level heading into a long hard winter than I think it's time well spent......:props:

tw33k2514
11-05-2011, 11:59 AM
I've got two coats of BFWD, and one coat of 845 on my paint. One coat of BFWD on my windows, and 845 on all the trim and wheels.

Bacon
11-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Here's another thought from someone not it the multi-layer club:

Anything after you said Klasse AIO is overkill...but hope you had fun...:xyxthumbs:

:dblthumb2:

Bacon

slickooz
11-05-2011, 04:12 PM
You're in the wrong place to talk about overkill! Sure, a second coat of 845 for even coverage, as they say.

I think once the 303 dries up a little bit they will become more noticeable but it sure makes you feel better when you're putting it on those scuffs!

What happened with your friend who needed the wetsanding?

Yeah better safe then sorry. :xyxthumbs:
If those scuff marks are noticeable again, I might just put Black WOW on them.

It was a friend of a friend, I relay the info but didn't hear from him. Thanks though. :props:

:confused: What is this overkill you talk of?? :dblthumb2:

I was planning on garaging my car in the winter, and only diving when the roads is dry. Going put one more coat when I get back home. :xyxthumbs:

Wow, I'm doing the exact thing thing as we speak. Right now my car has been AIOed and SGed. Up next is a second coat of SG and then 845. Oh and I 303ed the trim too. It's a great combo I think!

I'm using 303 for the first time. I like the natural shine I get, but I'm running into a lot of blochy-ness on certain trim.

I really like SG because it gives my car a candy shell look. With 303, if your having trouble with blotchy-ness I would spray some more on the area and re-wipe.

It might be overkill but that seems to be the norm here me included! :laughing:

If spending a little more time adding an additional coat give you a better comfort level heading into a long hard winter than I think it's time well spent......:props:

Yeah I think most of us are going 2+ layer on our car to prepare for these nasty months ahead.

I've got two coats of BFWD, and one coat of 845 on my paint. One coat of BFWD on my windows, and 845 on all the trim and wheels.

Was removing BFWD easy on windows? I never tried waxing windows before.

Here's another thought from someone not it the multi-layer club:

Anything after you said Klasse AIO is overkill...but hope you had fun...:xyxthumbs:

:dblthumb2:

Bacon

haha will do. :xyxthumbs:

rousher99
11-05-2011, 05:57 PM
4 coats of wolfgang fuzion.... thats close to overkill ..but every coat makes it feel even slicker:props: