PDA

View Full Version : ShMITT tip...

Pages : [1] 2

P1et
02-16-2007, 07:23 PM
So I was washing my truck today and it was a bit chilly outside. So instead of my usual cold water, I used warm water.

It made the biggest difference to the ShMITT. It was much softer and a lot easier to work with. Frankly, I only missed two spots this time!!!

I highly suggest everyone give it a try, you'll be pleasantly surprised!

BILL
02-16-2007, 07:35 PM
So I was washing my truck today and it was a bit chilly outside. So instead of my usual cold water, I used warm water.

It made the biggest difference to the ShMITT. It was much softer and a lot easier to work with. Frankly, I only missed two spots this time!!!

thanks.........i was thinking of that today...but thought maybe the warm water would hurt the shmitt..... guess not........tomorrow ?? warm water.....Im the MAN

Strokin04
02-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Thats good to know and warm water is nice because I won't freeze my hands off. Mike...

P1et
02-16-2007, 08:04 PM
I also had my rinse bucket full of warm water, it made washing the truck a breeze!

Nuke33
02-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Thats a great idea

justin_murphy
02-16-2007, 08:56 PM
The ShMitt with a warm rinseless wash couple with some thick rubber gloves is what I consider a winter's bliss!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...........

LOL!

Gary Sword
02-16-2007, 09:18 PM
When I lived in Michigan I always used a couple of buckets of warm water when washing cars in cold weather. Like Justins says that plus a nice pair of rubber gloves make all the difference in the world.

Whitethunder46
02-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Hmmm... I've used the Schmitt twice now. Both times with DP's no rinse wash. And both times with warm water in the two buckets!

Random question, is it not good to use warm water with some mitts??? The way the first post was worded made me wonder.

justin_murphy
02-16-2007, 11:46 PM
Hmmm... I've used the Schmitt twice now. Both times with DP's no rinse wash. And both times with warm water in the two buckets!

Random question, is it not good to use warm water with some mitts??? The way the first post was worded made me wonder.

I was mine in warm water in the washing machine. I constantly get 50+ uses out of my ShMitts. I do let them air dry.

supercharged
02-17-2007, 03:00 AM

Softer, huh? I'm gonna try it.

Grimm
02-17-2007, 02:10 PM

I don't recall the reason, but it seems like I've heard some opinions that you shouldn't wash with warm/hot water. I don't remember if it was something to do with the mitt or the car itself. I myself have always used warm water.

Gary Sword
02-17-2007, 02:41 PM
I don't recall the reason, but it seems like I've heard some opinions that you shouldn't wash with warm/hot water. I don't remember if it was something to do with the mitt or the car itself. I myself have always used warm water.

I think I recall something about putting the glue on the ShMitt comming undone in the dryer on high heat. I could be wrong buy I don't put mine in the dryer. Grimm, when you live in Michigan you at least have to use warm water in the winter time or your fingers might break off before you were done washing the car.

Nica
02-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Warm water is the only way I wash my vehicles here in Canada, its funny even the car washes here use warm water. As for the ShMitt, I haven't had any problems when I use it with warm water....mind you I've never really used hot hot water but I can see what Gary is saying about putting it in the dryer.

tonyspop
02-18-2007, 01:32 AM
I wouldn't use hot water,warm water is probably o.k.,hot water may soften the paint.:(

Woob
02-18-2007, 01:45 AM
I wouldn't use hot water,warm water is probably o.k.,hot water may soften the paint.:(

Strongly doubted considering the high temperatures the sun induces and the fact that clearcoats shouldn't not soften from such a common element.