PDA

View Full Version : Spray wax- go with what I know or try new

TheBob
11-04-2011, 03:32 PM
I usually run my torch red ford truck through the touchless wash once a week to knock off whatever I've collected driving around. I bought it new in August and right now it has Klasse AIO and #476 x2 to help it through a Minnesota winter. After the wash I use Four Star Ultimate Spray Wax Plus to wipe it down and completely dry everything. I've been pretty happy but now I'm in need to get some product shipped before it gets too cold.

Optimum Car Wax seems to be the one getting the buzz right now. Has anyone tried both of these products? Can I get bulk quantities of either from Autogeek? I did not see larger quantities listed on the website.

BobbyG
11-04-2011, 03:39 PM
While I have not tried Four Star Ultimate Spray Wax Plus, I do use Optimum Spray Car Wax and feel it's by far the best available. I use Optimum Spray Car Wax between washings during the long New England winters.... :props:

Optimum Spray Car Wax is available in gallons and may also be available in larger quantities...

TheBob
11-04-2011, 03:57 PM
While I have not tried Four Star Ultimate Spray Wax Plus, I do use Optimum Spray Car Wax and feel it's by far the best available. I use Optimum Spray Car Wax between washings during the long New England winters.... :props:

Optimum Spray Car Wax is available in gallons and may also be available in larger quantities...

Thanks for the response :xyxthumbs:

rider9195
11-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Here is a comparison that CEE DOG (Corey) did between a couple spray waxes.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/32288-review-meguiars-ultimate-quik-wax.html

rwright
11-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Whatever BobbyG says you can take it to the bank :xyxthumbs:. OCW is a great product, I'm still trying to make it through my gallon. I use Duragloss Aqua Wax mostly but it's a different animal than Optimum Car Wax. If you like the look your current wax provides then go with OCW, but if you're looking for more gloss then take a look at Duragloss Aqua Wax.

Setec Astronomy
11-04-2011, 04:37 PM
I find that Aquawax is a little easier to use than OCW, my sense is that you use a little less, but that could be my imagination, I don't have any empirical data to back that up.

Both are available from AutoGeek in gallons, as is the Meguiar's D156 Synthetic X-Press spray wax, which I haven't used, but a lot of people seem to like.

fredcandetail
11-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Meg's and Aquaqax FTW! I like speed, efficiency and one pass with no drama and I get that with these two
I was told that OCW u apply BUff on let haze then buff off .. Not interested in all that work

gatoman39
11-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Meg's and Aquaqax FTW! I like speed, efficiency and one pass with no drama and I get that with these two
I was told that OCW u apply BUff on let haze then buff off .. Not interested in all that work
No, OCW is a WoWo product. There is no need to buff it and let it haze then wipe it off. Although it's a spray wax and the application is no different than any other spray wax, it's the incredible durability that surprises people.
I did the full clay/polish/wax in april and sealed the car with Menzerna Powelock. SInce then I have been washing the car maybe once every other month and just using Ultima Waterless Wash. OCW has been used in between washes and the wax has been impenetrable. Not sure if it's a testament to Powerlock or OWW, but the combination has been like bodyarmor.

Bacon
11-04-2011, 07:19 PM
I use Opti-Seal as my base coat and than I use Optimum Spray Wax for maintenance. I have also used Meguiars Ultimate Spray Wax over Opti-Seal. BOTH performed great!

I bought a gallon of Optimum Spray Wax and I barely put a dent in it; and I have 3 cars! I hope it has a 10 year shelf life!

:dblthumb2:

Bacon

gatoman39
11-04-2011, 07:47 PM
I use Opti-Seal as my base coat and than I use Optimum Spray Wax for maintenance. I have also used Meguiars Ultimate Spray Wax over Opti-Seal. BOTH performed great!

I bought a gallon of Optimum Spray Wax and I barely put a dent in it; and I have 3 cars! I hope it has a 10 year shelf life!

:dblthumb2:

Bacon
I have used the Megs Ultimate quick wax and found it to be a great product, but it is supplemental only and doesn't have much staying power. I bot the 16 ounce size to try out and went through it pretty quick. After I was done, I bot the OCW gallon size and have barely dented it. Seems to be holding up in my basement pretty well, not clumpy or separating, smells and looks the same. I hope it lasts 10 years too cause it may take me that long to get through it as well.

Dr Oldz
11-04-2011, 08:19 PM
OCW is very nice and has some great durability as a stand alone wax. I would choose that for the harsh winter yu have to help protect from the salts and such that are put on the roads.

Pinnacle souveran spray wax is nice also and looks great but lacks durability and is on the pricy side. But IMO it is the besy looking spray wax.

RTexasF
11-04-2011, 08:29 PM
For an actual carnauba wax with staying power Optimum is the only game in town. For a sealant Duragloss Aquawax is on the top shelf. Both are braindead easy to use and have more than expected durability. Either will satisfy what you want to accomplish and the look of both is superb.

TheBob
11-04-2011, 08:41 PM
For an actual carnauba wax with staying power Optimum is the only game in town. For a sealant Duragloss Aquawax is on the top shelf. Both are braindead easy to use and have more than expected durability. Either will satisfy what you want to accomplish and the look of both is superb.

Braindead? Sounds like my kind of product. Thanks for the link rider9195, that made my decision easier. I love slickness!

Can anyone comment if the Optimum product has any light cleaning capabilities?

Dr Oldz
11-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Can anyone comment if the Optimum product has any light cleaning capabilities?

It is just a spray wax, not a QD. If you want something with cleaning properties you need to look at a QD or a waterless wash.