PDA

View Full Version : Happy Friday!!!

Pages : [1] 2

alko
11-04-2011, 08:30 AM
It's that time boys and girls...TIME FOR THE WEEKEND!!! Happy Friday everyone!!!

Today's song of the day is:

The Temptations Papa Was A Rolling Stone - YouTube

This song has been stuck in my head since last friday. I absolutely love The Temptations! I was born in 1980 but I have always gravitated towards old school music....especially old school R&B. I will be mixing it up next week...I've grown to love all genre's of music....even country! Right now I've been listening to alot of Blues and Jazz.

Anyways...I plan on doing a light detail on the ride. I finally finished my 2 stage machine polish detail job last weekend. I used the Wolfgang Twins and then topped it off with a layer of Collinite 915 that I applied via PC7424XP. I also layered that with some Swissvax Concorso. I was going to do 2 layers of 915 but I saw that it wasn't doing a good job of repelling dust, so I layered it with the Swissvax. The Wolfgang twins worked great. I was kinda bummed that I went through so many pads though. I don't think I'll be getting the hydro tech's again. I may check out the low profile HT's though. Hopefully the sun will be out so I can take some pics. I didn't get any good before pics :-/

I have to spend time with my lady as I've been neglecting her for the past two weekends, so we'll be hitting up downtown D.C. tomorrow night.

So what's the plans for the weekend?!

dad07
11-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Good Morning Alex!

this weekend is work work and more work! I am slammed in the shop been wide open all week!

Just finished a crewcab chevy truck

Got an Olds with electrical problems to chase down

Enclosed trailer to finish buffing out and polish the bright work

another trailer to fix the lights on

and a Buick regal to put a rack & pinion unit in.

Itrs going to be a long weekend!

alko
11-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Hey Tim! Good morning!

WOW! yeah...you are definitely going to be busy this weekend. Sounds like you got more than just a detail shop going on. Do you have a website? Do you have someone helping you out or are you going to be doing all of this by yourself?

If my pops leaves his Durango behind this weekend, I'll be testing out the M105/205 and 151. I think the HT pads I have will suffice to test out. I will be getting some flat pads in and will detail the entire truck.

D.Acker
11-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Not a lot planned this weekend. Perhaps a quick wash for both vehicles, taking the kids to the Museum of Science and Industry tomorrow.

SonOfOC
11-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Happy Friday! Hope all the east coast guys get some forgiving weather this weekend.

BMW
11-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Another half marathon (the last for the year) and then do a winter "seal the wheels" on both bimmers...

alko
11-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Not a lot planned this weekend. Perhaps a quick wash for both vehicles, taking the kids to the Museum of Science and Industry tomorrow.

Sounds like a great weekend Dave! Maybe I’ll convince my lady to go to a museum tomorrow since we’ll be down there. Most people from the DC/MD/VA don’t take advantage of the museums and history downtown…it’s a shame. I went to a few as a kid, but I’ve been wanting to go to more of them lately. I may end up going by myself if she doesn’t want to go.

Happy Friday! Hope all the east coast guys get some forgiving weather this weekend.

*sigh* I’m getting tired of this cold ish already and it ain’t even no where near as cold as it gets out here. Florida or the West Coast is lookin really good right about now.

Another half marathon (the last for the year) and then do a winter "seal the wheels" on both bimmers...

A friend of mine did a marathon a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was pretty cool to do that. Good luck!!! And have fun with the cars. I forgot I have to change the oil and rotate the tires, so I may clean the inside of the wheel’s and put a coat of Collinite 915 on them. Anyone know if that’s okay to do?

D.Acker
11-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Sounds like a great weekend Dave! Maybe I’ll convince my lady to go to a museum tomorrow since we’ll be down there. Most people from the DC/MD/VA don’t take advantage of the museums and history downtown…it’s a shame. I went to a few as a kid, but I’ve been wanting to go to more of them lately. I may end up going by myself if she doesn’t want to go.

Never been to MSI, been to the Shedd a couple times. Corporate day, so other than a few tolls and parking it's free!

alko
11-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Never been to MSI, been to the Shedd a couple times. Corporate day, so other than a few tolls and parking it's free!

Nice! I hope you guys have a good time!

flyinion
11-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Going to go test drive a manual transmission Xterra and Wrangler Unlimited tomorrow and then some family stuff for the gf's parents who just flew in from Ireland on Tuesday for 6 weeks.

Sunday will be the fun day though. I'm doing this :).....................

DriveTech Racing School | School Of Racing | Drive a real NASCAR | NASCAR (http://drivetech.com/index.html)

alko
11-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Going to go test drive a manual transmission Xterra and Wrangler Unlimited tomorrow and then some family stuff for the gf's parents who just flew in from Ireland on Tuesday for 6 weeks.

Sunday will be the fun day though. I'm doing this :).....................

DriveTech Racing School | School Of Racing | Drive a real NASCAR | NASCAR (http://drivetech.com/index.html)

Thats freakin awesome!!!! You're going to have a weekend filled with auto delight! LMAO! Thats pretty cool you get to spend time with the GF and her family. When's the wedding date ;-)

flyinion
11-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Thats freakin awesome!!!! You're going to have a weekend filled with auto delight! LMAO! Thats pretty cool you get to spend time with the GF and her family. When's the wedding date ;-)

Lol, TBD. Her parents (Dad & Stepmom) used to spend about 6 months here and 6 months there but they've been building another house over there for the last couple years and so they've only been spending a couple months/weeks here recently. They're pretty laid back though so it's always fun times when they're back in town.

alko
11-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Lol, TBD. Her parents (Dad & Stepmom) used to spend about 6 months here and 6 months there but they've been building another house over there for the last couple years and so they've only been spending a couple months/weeks here recently. They're pretty laid back though so it's always fun times when they're back in town.

That sounds pretty cool. Its always interesting to hear someone building a house somewhere other than the US. Alot of places are different where you build the house yourself. My fiance's mom and stepdad are building a house in Puerto Rico...have been for the past 2 years. I guess he and neighborhood people build the house. Pretty interesting, as I'd love to build a house. I would like to participate in building a house for a wounded warrior. Hope you guys have fun.

D.Acker
11-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Slight change of plans. MSI is still in, but now I get to track down a brake leak in the van. UGH! Intermittent brake light at stops and the fluid level was low.

alko
11-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Slight change of plans. MSI is still in, but now I get to track down a brake leak in the van. UGH! Intermittent brake light at stops and the fluid level was low.

oooo that sucks...sorry!!!! :-(