PDA

View Full Version : Another Iron-X Experience

courtdale
11-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Well, a few days ago, I posted about a set of rims I was dealing with. They had a crazy amount of caked on brake dust I was trying to clean. Got most of it, but had a few stubborn areas left. Someone recommended Iron-X. It arrived 2 days ago, and I have had a chance to get at them, but last night I wanted to at least try it and see what kind of results I would get.

The lug nut holes where one of the areas that I didn't correct yet so I used those for my little experiment. Here's the before and after (bad lighting as the shadows make it difficult to really see how clean they really got):

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/rim1.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/38422/size/big/cat//ppuser/37349)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/rim2.jpg

I let it dwell for 5 min, and then a little agitation, and then a wipe with a MF and they were done. Again, hard to see in the pic, but they were spotless and with minimal effort on the wiping. Very pleased considering the amount of work I've had to put in so far on these.

erock
11-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Agreed, my favorite brake dust releasing product by far!!

CEE DOG
11-03-2011, 09:56 AM
No question!! Absolutely excellent product and works excellent on wheels Im the MAN

BMW
11-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Iron-X is awesome for BMW boundless break dust. One thing is you will find Iron-X will get behind the Roundel and upon rinsing will continue to bleed Iron-X for a long period of time (this is an issue with BMW wheels not Iron-X) with countless flushes. I usually use high quality painters tape and tape off the emblem and the edge it meets the wheel to keep Iron-X from getting behind it.

courtdale
11-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks, I'll look out for that. Hopefully, by the time I get these on the car, they'll be clean and sealed enough so a wash and rinse will be all that is needed... hoping.

Iron-X is awesome for BMW boundless break dust. One thing is you will find Iron-X will get behind the Roundel and upon rinsing will continue to bleed Iron-X for a long period of time (this is an issue with BMW wheels not Iron-X) with countless flushes. I usually use high quality painters tape and tape off the emblem and the edge it meets the wheel to keep Iron-X from getting behind it.

Lowejackson
11-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Great product, terrible smell

clintb
11-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Great product, terrible smell:iagree: on both counts, but maybe even go so far as worse than the worst thing you've ever smelled. Fantastic stuff though. Crazy how it can be awesome and horrible at the same time.

embolism
11-03-2011, 10:53 AM
just like a bad b******

BobbyG
11-03-2011, 11:58 AM
My most recent order arrived today with 2 CarPro Iron-X sale on BOGO....:props:

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Looking forward to trying this stuff out. I think im going to yank my wheels off utlize Iron X, clay, and hopefully get some wheel wax as well.