PDA

View Full Version : Diluting to store or only when needed to use

terentius
11-02-2011, 12:07 AM
Hi Folks

Appreciate input on best practice.

Do u dilute the following product just before u need to use it and discard the remaining or we can dilute in advance and keep the remaining diluted product for future use?

Product in question
optimum onr
Ultima waterless wash
Car pro pearl

tuscarora dave
11-02-2011, 12:18 AM
ONR is the only one that you list that I use. I make up a 32 or 40 ounce bottle at a time and if it doesn't get all used in one setting it sits on the shelf in my van until the next time i need it. It often looses it's color turning an almost clear but somewhat yellowish color but it works exactly the same as when first mixed.

umi000
11-02-2011, 12:49 AM
Hi Folks

Appreciate input on best practice.

Do u dilute the following product just before u need to use it and discard the remaining or we can dilute in advance and keep the remaining diluted product for future use?

Product in question
optimum onr
Ultima waterless wash
Car pro pearl

ONR (rinseless wash) - Dilute just before using, and dispose of any remaining solution in the bucket (I'd not use dirty solution again). I do however keep about a liter of it in a separate bottle, and use that if I need more solution. That tends to turn faintly pink, but works just fine even then.

ONR (QD) - Mix about 500 ml in a spray bottle, store and use as needed. I use distilled water for this, and the solution does not lose its slightly blue color.

UWW (waterless wash/QD) - Mix about 1.5 liters in a bottle, transfer to a spray bottle and use as needed. I also use distilled water, and again the solution remains slightly milky green.

tuscarora dave
11-02-2011, 01:02 AM
I think I missed the point of this thread, Sorry. I use ONR so much as a waterless wash to clean between compounding steps that I forgot all about mixing it up in a bucket as a rinse less wash. When I mix it in the bucket for washing I follow the directions for mixing, get through the job and then dump the rest. It never gets re used.