PDA

View Full Version : Water Spot Remover?

mcpp66
11-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Can anyone recommend a good one that doesn't reek of vinegar like the one made by Duragloss? I have some of that and it works very well, but the pungent stench of vinegar is very hard to take.

richy
11-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Water spots are made by minerals left after the water has evaporated so you need a mild acid to remove them. Vinegar is acetic acid but is mild obviously. CG makes one that is stronger but you can't even get it from them directly. PM me if you need the info on where to buy it. How bad are your spots?

mcpp66
11-01-2011, 10:42 PM
There are some that Duragloss is not removing. I'm confident that I can get them out with the black pads from Megs, Menzerna 85rd, and my little Griot's. I just hate having to go that route. Does the one from CG have that disgusting vinegar smell? Thanks man.

mcpp66
11-01-2011, 10:45 PM
I tell ya what, I'll never buy a black vehicle again. They're beautiful when clean, but such a PITA to maintain. From now on I'm the Lone Ranger, my future cars will be silver.

richy
11-01-2011, 11:07 PM
I tell ya what, I'll never buy a black vehicle again. They're beautiful when clean, but such a PITA to maintain. From now on I'm the Lone Ranger, my future cars will be silver.
I considered ordering my Lincoln in pearl white rather than black, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I just like reflections too much....maybe if I was uglier...hahahhahaha

mcpp66
11-02-2011, 12:53 AM
I considered ordering my Lincoln in pearl white rather than black, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I just like reflections too much....maybe if I was uglier...hahahhahaha

Yeah I hear ya man.......I don't know if I'll be able to pull the trigger on a silver sports car like the Camaro. Black is just so beautiful.

tuscarora dave
11-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Poorboy's Bug Squash works pretty good for removing water spots and doesn't stink like vinegar.