PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar APC vs APC +

terentius
11-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Hi folk

What is the main pro and con of each product. Seems APC+ is better and can be used for more area including engine.

Seem like my country can only find APC.

Thanks

LuxuryMobile
11-01-2011, 08:21 PM
I've always felt that APC+ was intended more for interior use and APC for exterior use.

FWIW, I only use Meg APC and use it for both interior and exterior (at different ratios)

tw33k2514
11-01-2011, 08:25 PM
For one, APC+ is low foaming and a little stronger. While APC foams quite a bit. This is for people working by hand on interior carpets I believe.

terentius
11-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Which for engine ?

I am comparing both manufacture descriptions.. but no conclusion.

Thanks

tw33k2514
11-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Either will work.

D103 All Purpose Cleaner Plus

Designed to be low foaming for use in carpet and upholstery extraction machines.
Diluted at the same levels it's stronger than APC.
Lower cost per ounce compared to APC.

D101 All Purpose Cleaner
(http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_detail.asp?T1=MEG+D10101)

More foaming which helps visually when cleaning carpets by hand and brush. It's important to note that in the detailing industry this is an important factor so a person can tell where they're working on a segment of carpet or upholstery.
Fabric softeners and brighteners.
Not as strong as APC+
Higher cost per ounce compared to APC+

That was taken from Mike Stoops over at MOL.

to me, there is no reason to even buy APC. Yes it foams more which helps with visibility. but I use APC+ by hand and I have never had any problem seeing what I am doing.

mwoolfso
11-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Either will work.

D103 All Purpose Cleaner Plus

Designed to be low foaming for use in carpet and upholstery extraction machines.
Diluted at the same levels it's stronger than APC.
Lower cost per ounce compared to APC.

D101 All Purpose Cleaner

More foaming which helps visually when cleaning carpets by hand and brush. It's important to note that in the detailing industry this is an important factor so a person can tell where they're working on a segment of carpet or upholstery.
Fabric softeners and brighteners.
Not as strong as APC+
Higher cost per ounce compared to APC+

That was taken from Mike Stoops over at MOL.

to me, there is no reason to even buy APC. Yes it foams more which helps with visibility. but I use APC+ by hand and I have never had any problem seeing what I am doing.

Agreed. Cannot see much of a reason to have both but I am sure there is a small percentage of folks that can justify using both. In the same detail? probably not....

terentius
11-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Seems like APC and APC+ will depends on which country it is released.