PDA

View Full Version : Wash Mitt for ONR

Pages : [1] 2

alko
10-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Whats up everyone! Happy Monday, or should I say Happy Halloween! I love it when chicks dress up for this holiday :-D

Anyways...I just got done winterizing my car. I will post pics later, as I didn't finish the car until 11:30 last night. Anyways, I'm thinking ahead to the colder weather and plan on picking up some ONR. What is the best wash mitt to use with ONR? Sheepskin wash mitt? MF wash mitt?

Thanks and hope everyone has recovered from partying!

slickooz
10-31-2011, 12:42 PM
I never used ONR but I just recently purchased Mother sheepskin and I think its great compared to mf mitt. The grit seems to come out a lot easier when using grit guard. A little pricey but very soft to the touch. Going replace my MF and use sheepskin from now on. Going designate mf mitt to lower panels now.

embolism
10-31-2011, 12:47 PM
lots of preferences out there for sure

Mother's sheepskin mitt gets good reviews
Adam's synthetic sheepskin apparently is really durable
Some even use proline grout sponges from HD

I like the sheepskin pads that on bogo now but it's hit or miss sometimes. I haven't experienced it but others have little bits of the hair shedding all over the place.

took you a long time to do your car man. I knocked mine out yesterday in about 6 hours... kaio and 2 coats of ksg... that stuff rocks!

slickooz
10-31-2011, 12:51 PM

I like the sheepskin pads that on bogo now but it's hit or miss sometimes. I haven't experienced it but others have little bits of the hair shedding all over the place.

took you a long time to do your car man. I knocked mine out yesterday in about 6 hours... kaio and 2 coats of ksg... that stuff rocks!

How about adding 845 on top? :xyxthumbs:

alko
10-31-2011, 12:51 PM

MAN!!! Its gotta be technique...I was up until 4 am Sunday morning and then spent all day yesteday working on it. I polished with the Woflgang twins and then machine applied collinite 915. I then decided to put some Swissvax on the car to top it all off.

Thanks for the suggestions.

alko
10-31-2011, 12:53 PM
I never used ONR but I just recently purchased Mother sheepskin and I think its great compared to mf mitt. The grit seems to come out a lot easier when using grit guard. A little pricey but very soft to the touch. Going replace my MF and use sheepskin from now on. Going designate mf mitt to lower panels now.

For regular washes I'm using my Dodo Juice Wookies mitt. I love this thing. I want to try the Carpro mitt eventually. I have a sheepskins mitt but not sure if I want to use it on ONR washes. I don't think the naps are deep enough.

shoeless89
10-31-2011, 12:59 PM
I plan on picking up the Lake Country Foam Car Wash Sponge. It's the blue one, it should hold a lot of ONR and release the dirt well when rinsed. I could at least a couple of guys use it and like it.

slickooz
10-31-2011, 01:02 PM
I plan on picking up the Lake Country Foam Car Wash Sponge. It's the blue one, it should hold a lot of ONR and release the dirt well when rinsed. I could at least a couple of guys use it and like it.

I got it in the last purchase but didn't have the chance to use it next. It looks like it would work nicely because its all cut up, so dirt will go in between them.

Twister
10-31-2011, 01:02 PM
I normally use sheepskin mitts for rinseless washes but I tried a microfiber towel on a suggestion and I have to say I liked it much better. I wasted less solution and it cleaned really well. I checked for marring after I finished (I was worried there would be some) and there wasn't any.

embolism
10-31-2011, 01:05 PM
How about adding 845 on top? :xyxthumbs:

I might do that but I've never had just a pure sealant on the car before.

Thought I'd see what people were talking about the plastic coated look. So far I don't mind it.

I'm also noticing that dust isn't sticking as much. Maybe I'll just keep adding coats of ksg. Now that the first coat is on, additional coats are really easy to add.

I also want to see what happens in the rain...

slickooz
10-31-2011, 01:10 PM
Yeah I like KSG give my car a candy shell look. Going to prep mine for winter once I clean my garage.

alko
10-31-2011, 01:17 PM
I normally use sheepskin mitts for rinseless washes but I tried a microfiber towel on a suggestion and I have to say I liked it much better. I wasted less solution and it cleaned really well. I checked for marring after I finished (I was worried there would be some) and there wasn't any.

A MF Towel?! Really? Hmmm interesting. I'd be so worried about inducing swirls. I get paranoid using a QD...thats why I try not to use them.

embolism
10-31-2011, 01:31 PM
MAN!!! Its gotta be technique...I was up until 4 am Sunday morning and then spent all day yesteday working on it. I polished with the Woflgang twins and then machine applied collinite 915. I then decided to put some Swissvax on the car to top it all off.

Thanks for the suggestions.

oh, I didn't correct the paint. Here's the writeup (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/42576-winter-prep.html)

I'll probably go over it with 106FA and a white pad come spring. I didn't do the interior or even the wheels b/c the rims are coming off this week.

I'll give em the full treatment including OC once they are off.

Hopefully that will be the end of the front wheel brake dust buildup once and for all

Rav777
10-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Hey Alex, Happy Halloween! I am barely recovering from a weekend full of good ole Halloween parties muhaha.

I got the blue lake country wash mitt and I like it so far. Holds plenty of water and has those little cuts in it to better release dirt when rubbed against the grit guard. I also got it when I bought the ONR package awhile ago with the two buckets, thats before I decided to put a detail tank in my car. I still offer ONR washes as a service and slowly catching on here.

shoeless89
10-31-2011, 01:51 PM
I just ordered the BOGO sheepskin pads and the LC wash pad. Well see how they work!