PDA

View Full Version : why dont they sell pinnicle in stores????

Pages : [1] 2

trhland
02-16-2007, 08:57 AM
just wondering why they dont sell pinnicle in stores like mequires mothers ect??before this foram i never heard of them. pinnicle is great stuff they should market in stores

Nica
02-16-2007, 09:37 AM
trhland, I've been asking stores the same question. Interesting enough, every store that I've gone to and asked for Pinnicle products they all answer the same way "what is that". I don't know if it's because I'm here in Canada but it's just odd if you ask me. Another reason I could see people not carrying the Pinnicle products could be because they are a little price...not all but some things are and I'm sure the regular person would probably not even consider spending a few extra bucks on taking care of there car. I say that because I have neighbors that don't even wash there cars nor getting cleaned, sad thing is that they have nice brand new cars and they treat them like they are old beaters...well that's just me though.

supercharged
02-16-2007, 09:45 AM
just wondering why they dont sell pinnicle in stores like mequires mothers ect??before this foram i never heard of them. pinnicle is great stuff they should market in stores
Not many people will buy boutique products, plus stores have to make some money, and prices will be even higher.

trhland
02-16-2007, 09:53 AM
but if the stores buy in bulk they can sell them cheaper maybe

RallyMSP
02-16-2007, 10:41 AM
If everyone could get a hold of them, we can't be elitest in knowing how much better our stuff is than our friends. =)

justin_murphy
02-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Then no one would but Pinnacle because it would now be considered "over the counter"!

Some have a stigma about details supplies being bought at a store I guess.

Whitethunder46
02-16-2007, 11:00 AM
There's a lottt of products that aren't sold in stores. Is Pinnacle/DP/Wolfgang all Max's products/design? This is what I've always thought and I'm sure he might have something to do with it not having them available OTC.

Besides, if they were available at local stores, I can't tell customers I use the best of the best that you probably have never heard of!! Hahaha.

2KLS1
02-16-2007, 11:11 AM
What about detail supply shops and places like that. It would be great to have distributors scattered around the country carry some of these brands. I know of a place close to my home that carries P21S, and meguiars prof. line of products, the stuff you normally can't get at the local autoparts store. It would be awsome if they carried some of AG's stuff like DP and Pinnacle. That way you could just walk out with your stuff the same day and have to wait for shipping.

Whitethunder46
02-16-2007, 11:19 AM
What about detail supply shops and places like that. It would be great to have distributors scattered around the country carry some of these brands. I know of a place close to my home that carries P21S, and meguiars prof. line of products, the stuff you normally can't get at the local autoparts store. It would be awsome if they carried some of AG's stuff like DP and Pinnacle. That way you could just walk out with your stuff the same day and have to wait for shipping.

Man, I wish I could fine Megs Pro line in stores. That and Duragloss.

The ONLY products I ever see are Megs and Mother's. black magic, Eagle 1, AA, the usual OTC.

chu
02-16-2007, 11:20 AM
It's all supply and demand from my point of view. Local stores dont want to carry it because not many people who go to those stores demands such high-end products. I remeber P21S being sold at Pepboys, and no one really bought it. Another reason is product loyalty. Meg's and Mothers, and many others, have become household names. So many people stick with what they know. I am sure none of the people on this website would go to Pepboys and pay $80 for a can of Souveran before knowing this wax existed. Therfore, you will probably never find the high-end stuff OTC. My rant ends here! lol.

RallyMSP
02-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Holy CRAP! I never priced a jar of souveran til now. $80?!? I don't think most people would even consider it if it were sold OTC. Present company included.

trhland
02-16-2007, 01:01 PM
a lot of products that i use they dont sell in stores its to bad. i dont mind buying online but sometimes i like to go and brouse around in a detailing store.

Surfer
02-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Its all "target market", simply put people shopping at Autozone etc are not looking for $$$ product when they know of Turtle Wax and Mothers etc and think their the best. Their not aware of forums like this and could careless, they just want something cheap that works. I would venture 95% of them don't know anything on polishing or claying and just keep lathering on wax lol, and the ones that do use the craptacular orbitals at those stores.

If they did sell Souveran otc, again with the target market, people go in and see some wax for $5 and Souveran for $80, what are they going to get;)

If your buying a car, do you cross-shop a Honda Civic and a Lamborghini;)

trhland
02-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Its all "target market", simply put people shopping at Autozone etc are not looking for $$$ product when they know of Turtle Wax and Mothers etc and think their the best. Their not aware of forums like this and could careless, they just want something cheap that works. I would venture 95% of them don't know anything on polishing or claying and just keep lathering on wax lol, and the ones that do use the craptacular orbitals at those stores.

If they did sell Souveran otc, again with the target market, people go in and see some wax for $5 and Souveran for $80, what are they going to get;)

If your buying a car, do you cross-shop a Honda Civic and a Lamborghini;)i hear ya. very true.

2KLS1
02-16-2007, 03:43 PM

If your buying a car, do you cross-shop a Honda Civic and a Lamborghini;) I totally see what you're saying. I used to be one of those people, though I never used Turtle Wax. However with that advent of the internet and forums like this one I can know do plenty or research and educate myself on the difference between products. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that would be willing to spend a little extra for car care products they just don't know any better. Plus it doesn't neccessarily have to be the local Pep Boys or Autozone. What I was talking about was some local distributors that sell premium car care products. It also doesn't have to be between a $80 tub of Souveran or TW. There is also Poorboys, DP, Megs. pro line, Finish Kare, Optimum, etc. that are more reasonably priced.