PDA

View Full Version : Tire cleaner thoughts....

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
10-30-2011, 09:07 PM
For all the talk of "safe" wheel cleaners, what about tire cleaners? Not necessarily the safety for tires, but if you're dealing with and type of un-coated wheel. I really don't think there's any way to not drip what you're cleaning tires with onto the wheels. I do not think there's any tire/rubber cleaners out there that claim to be "safe" on un-coated wheels. I could be over analyzing. Thoughts?

Flash Gordon
10-30-2011, 09:10 PM
For all the talk of "safe" wheel cleaners, what about tire cleaners? Not necessarily the safety for tires, but if you're dealing with and type of un-coated wheel. I really don't think there's any way to not drip what you're cleaning tires with onto the wheels. I do not think there's any tire/rubber cleaners out there that claim to be "safe" on un-coated wheels. I could be over analyzing. Thoughts?

:iagree: 100%

There's NO way your going to be able to apply a seperate tire cleaner without getting some on the rims. Thats why I use an all in one product

How have you been doing Mark?

WRAPT C5Z06
10-30-2011, 09:15 PM
:iagree: 100%

There's NO way your going to be able to apply a seperate tire cleaner without getting some on the rims. Thats why I use an all in one product

How have you been doing Mark?

Well, with the AIO product, you could never clean un-coated wheels, regardless of the tires. :p

Been doing great, Flashy. :D You?

Rav777
10-30-2011, 09:18 PM
Very true this is always tricky to do. I don't know if AG sells these but I have seen some rubber wheel covers that look much like the top of a trash can lid and you use them to spray dressing on the wheels without getting overspray. The only problem is that you need to buy a good bunch to fit a good amount of wheel sizes.

They might work for spraying wheel cleaners.

Flash Gordon
10-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Well, with the AIO product, you could never clean un-coated wheels, regardless of the tires. :p

Been doing great, Flashy. :D You?

Thats one reason I depise uncoated wheels :p

It's all good here :coolgleam:

FUNX650
10-30-2011, 11:14 PM

Hi Mark..

I have excellent results with P21S/S100 wheel cleaners (safe for all wheel types) on tires, also. Do you still have/use any of these products?
P21S TAW is another option.

:)

Bob

WRAPT C5Z06
10-30-2011, 11:19 PM
Hi Mark..

I have excellent results with P21S/S100 wheel cleaners (safe for all wheel types) on tires, also. Do you still have/use any of these products?
P21S TAW is another option.

:)

Bob
Hi Bob,

I pretty much only use P21S gel as my wheel cleaner. I've never tried it on tires. Will do if I come across uncoated wheels.

Thanks. :)

Jimmie
10-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Hi Bob,

I pretty much only use P21S gel as my wheel cleaner. I've never tried it on tires. Will do if I come across uncoated wheels.

Thanks. :)

I use P21S Gel on my tires often. One brush for wheels and another for the tires. Works well, but my tires are never too bad.

5Toes
10-31-2011, 12:16 AM
This reminds me of how the other day a friend told me his Dad's truck got "detailed" and the wheels are polished. They used fine wheel cleaner, but it dried onto the front wheels. It looks like ####, rears turned out great though!

tuscarora dave
10-31-2011, 01:16 AM
I rarely get a car to do with uncoated aluminum or Mag wheels but have had a few. I spray my cleaner from the outer circumference of the tire in a sweeping motion working toward the rim but spraying away from the rim on the lower half of the tire only, being careful not to get any on the rim, scrub and rinse then move the car forward a little to do the other lower half of the tire. I always have water ready in this situation to quickly rinse if any problem arises. I guess it could be called using gravity to your advantage.

Twister
10-31-2011, 09:00 AM
I use APC on tires and my Trans Am has uncoated aluminum wheels. I have never had a problem with it affecting my wheels. I've even used Simple Green full strength and it didn't affect the finish. I think he key has been to not let it dwell on the wheel.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-31-2011, 09:10 AM
I use APC on tires and my Trans Am has uncoated aluminum wheels. I have never had a problem with it affecting my wheels. I've even used Simple Green full strength and it didn't affect the finish. I think he key has been to not let it dwell on the wheel.
My thoughts as well. :props:

feds27
10-31-2011, 10:47 AM
Hey Mark, I'm surprised you're not using OPC on the tires and wheels given you're such a fan of it =D I use it for both and it does a great job. I save the Sonax for really nasty sealed wheels.

slickooz
10-31-2011, 11:02 AM
OPC safe on uncoated wheels?

5.4 Shelby
10-31-2011, 11:20 AM
I dont use it on uncoated wheels, but, this is hands down the best tire cleaner I have used. Blows ARO out of the water. Check with Griots, I bet it is safe for uncoated. Especially if you rinse right away.

Griot's Garage Rubber Cleaner, exterior trim cleaner, clean rubber moldings, tire cleaner, griots garage (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-rubber-cleaner.html)