PDA

View Full Version : Yellow gas stain on my wife's CX-7

Pages : [1] 2 3

CHRIS EVO VIII
10-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Hey everyone my wife's pearl white Mazda CX-7 has a yellowish tint underneath the gas door on the car. I am assuming either over flow has poured out or she possibly dripped some gas on the car last time she filled up. I tried using my mazerna polish with both an Orange pad and a yellow pad just trying to clean the paint but nothing came out. I tried clay baring and nothing came out. Does anyone have any other ideas. I am going crazy. Thank you for your time and reading my ramble.

Chris

JonMiles
10-30-2011, 05:32 PM
if you can't remove it with abrasion then it may have waited too long. Do you have a picture?

Ryan R
10-30-2011, 05:44 PM
My aunt had a decent gas stain on her white Expedition and I cleaned it off with WD-40...wiped off with body solvent and slapped some wax over it.

CHRIS EVO VIII
10-30-2011, 05:49 PM
It's still raining here in south Florida so I really can't snap a picture but when it clears up I definitely will add a pic. It is weird because she hasn't gotten gas and it has been doing nothing but raining here and it just showed up. Really weird.

I will try the wd-40.

Thanks guys.

Ryan R
10-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Yea man definitely give it a shot. Worked great for me. Just remember to follow up with the cleaning and protecting steps.
If you don't have any body solvent or prep all then get a wet rag with dawn dishsoap

And last but not least welcome to the forum :)

CHRIS EVO VIII
10-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Thank you again Ryan. I appreciate it.

CHRIS EVO VIII
10-30-2011, 10:18 PM
Hey Ryan I attempted the wd-40 route but unfortunately it didn't work. ;(. Thanks for the tip though.

Ryan R
10-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Hmm. Must have been on awhile... Definitely try and get a picture up soon.

Give it time and there's lots and lots of guys here with many years of experience under their belt that'll point you in the right direction.

Could probably be something as easy as polishing or paint cleansing lotion

tuscarora dave
10-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Chris, did you machine polish the paint with the menzerna polish or did you do it by hand? Do you have any cleaner wax products on hand? A lot of cleaner wax/cleaner sealants contain non abrasive chemical cleaners that may be better for this than an abrasive polish.

CHRIS EVO VIII
10-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Thanks again Ryan. I will get a pic either tomorrow or Tuesday. Her car was washed and detailed 2 weeks ago. That's why I truly can't understand the yellowing in that area since nothing has had the chance to sit there. It was clear until we started getting all the rain the last few days. I walked out to her car this morning and I saw the yellow stain under the door. I appreciate the positive thoughts and I hope there is something I can do. Thank you again for all your help and your time.

CHRIS EVO VIII
10-30-2011, 11:16 PM
Dave,

I machined polished the Mazerna on the car. I thought that would be the better solution rather then doing it by hand. What do you think I can pick up to take it out by hand?

Thank you

tuscarora dave
10-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Are you positive that the pearl hasn't been polished off the panel in that area? I have had good luck removing below surface stains with Poorboy's World Polish with Sealant.

CHRIS EVO VIII
10-31-2011, 06:14 AM
Hey Dave. I was looking last night with a flash light and the pearl coat is still there and better then ever just the ugly yellow stain is there as well. I don't have a local place that sells poor boys. I will have to order it. Thank you for the advice.

dougaross
10-31-2011, 07:39 AM
Hey Dave. I was looking last night with a flash light and the pearl coat is still there and better then ever just the ugly yellow stain is there as well. I don't have a local place that sells poor boys. I will have to order it. Thank you for the advice.

Duragloss 501 has chemical and abrasive cleaners. It really brings out the white on white cars. It is also available locally. Google for retailers.

CHRIS EVO VIII
10-31-2011, 08:19 AM
Thank you Doug. I will check it out.