PDA

View Full Version : First time ONR

Ryan R
10-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Just got my order with 128oz ONR Thursday.
First let me say I was very very skeptical and weary of using a no rinse product. (still feel the same about waterless)
I must say I am more than impressed. This stuff is AWESOME!

Used two micro fiber rags...one for wash and one for dry
1oz ONR to 2 gallons of water
2 bucket and grit guards.

Wash rag..
http://tapatalk.com/mu/d8a4136d-c629-8dd5.jpg
Dry rag...
http://tapatalk.com/mu/d8a4136d-c641-d31e.jpg
Finished product...
http://tapatalk.com/mu/d8a4136d-c65f-fa86.jpg
My new favorite wash...
http://tapatalk.com/mu/d8a4136d-c67a-f0cf.jpg

My sister is lucky...her car is my guinea pig :)

Old Tiger
10-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Welcome to the ONR Fan Club! Now we will work on you to try Waterless. There are 3 great ones, Optimum, DP and my personal favorite, Ultima!

rider9195
10-30-2011, 06:02 PM
I was very nervous about using a rinseless wash at first too. But once I used it, it has been the only wash I have used since. LOVE the stuff. Smells great and has many uses. Oh and it saves so much time when washing a car.

mwtaco
10-30-2011, 06:05 PM
i just learned how to use rinseless. (DPWG). i too have been converted. i doubt ill use a hose much anymore. its fun, less hassle, less time, no water spots, less wasteful, and more importantly, my cars look way better. the gloss is so awesome.

i also dont need to do my windows afterwards. they are steak free. another time saver.

i have a black truck and the color absolutely pops afterwards. have kept an eye out for swirls and havent noticed any yet. all in all i love this stuff. id be willing to try onr too as im sure it is just as good. i bought a whole gallon of DPWG, but like it so much i'll probably fly through it. i figure now that i wash more the cars are less dirty and may never need a hose wash.

winter is coming. salt season. gonna see how it goes. will stop by every so often to flush the undercarriage. with the help of this forum i got some heat setup in the garage and a few different sprayers so i should be good to go.

Shawn T.
10-30-2011, 07:33 PM
I agree! I love rinseless and waterless washes!

I only use traditional washes on cars I detail for my business since they are usually very dirty and haven't been washed in a while. But, if they are on the cleaner side, I go ahead and use a rinseless or even waterless.

DejaVu
11-02-2011, 08:13 PM
I have ONR and DPWG they really seem like the same product they just smell different. My family likes ONR since they all line up their cars around my grandparents round driveway and I knock out 4 washes in a row like it was nothing and didn't have to get tangled up in a hose.

cpa5oh
11-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Do you guys that pretty much exclusively use waterless wash do anything with your wheel wells? I usually hit them with a hose during a conventional wash...even though they still look like dirty trash as soon as they dry so it probably doesn't make much difference...

Rsurfer
11-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Do you guys that pretty much exclusively use waterless wash do anything with your wheel wells? I usually hit them with a hose during a conventional wash...even though they still look like dirty trash as soon as they dry so it probably doesn't make much difference...
You need to dress the wells after washing. I like Bare Bones, but you can use any spray or foam tire dressing.

Twister
11-02-2011, 10:33 PM
You need to dress the wells after washing. I like Bare Bones, but you can use any spray or foam tire dressing.

Griots product is similar and works well

umi000
11-02-2011, 11:54 PM

I clean the wheel wells with the left-over ONR wash solution using brushes, then hit them with a spray-on dressing.