PDA

View Full Version : Waxing a fairly new vehicle

dbbrooks
10-30-2011, 11:38 AM
I've asked this before and still searching for the best approach. I detail a lot of RV's...big ones. I'm about to do another wax request on an RV that is only a half year old and really needs no paint correction. I don't want to go through the trouble of machining the entire unit just so I can wax it. Anyone have any ideas how to speed up the prep of the paint before waxing it? Feed back please

JonMiles
10-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Wash, clay, XMT 360

tuscarora dave
10-30-2011, 02:10 PM
My shoulders hurt just thinking about claying an RV. I'd just wash and machine apply a dedicated RV cleaner wax such as Duragloss Marine RV Polish #501 cleans, polishes, and shines gelcoat fiberglass boat and RV finishes. Duragloss durable boat and RV polishes. (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-marine-rv-polish--501.html) or Meguiars #50 Marine/RV Cleaner Wax is a polish and wax in one for your fiberglass, gel-coated boat or RV. (http://www.autogeek.net/boat-cleaner-wax.html)

AeroCleanse
10-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Dodo Juice Need For Speed.

onlycodered
10-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Check out the Elastrofoam clay block from Ultima. I find it much easier to use than regular clay especially since you don't need to knead (no pun intended) it.

Bacon
10-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Opti-Seal or Optimum Spray Wax, either will take you less than 30 minutes for the entire application; both are state of the art products. I seriously doubt that taking more time for any paint prep will make any difference (you can do a 2x2 section to see if you can tell any difference.

Time is money...dont clay!

good luck

:dblthumb2:

Bacon

dbbrooks
11-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Opti-Seal or Optimum Spray Wax, either will take you less than 30 minutes for the entire application; both are state of the art products. I seriously doubt that taking more time for any paint prep will make any difference (you can do a 2x2 section to see if you can tell any difference.

Time is money...dont clay!

good luck

:dblthumb2:

Bacon

Agreed. This paint needs no correction. It's almost new. I just want the fastest way to clean the paint before I wax.

Waxy
11-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Use a AIO product....Klasse All-In-One, Dodo Juice Need For Speed, Mothers California Gold™ Original Formula Carnauba Cleaner Wax etc...

dbbrooks
11-04-2011, 03:09 PM
I need to clarify something. The problem started because the owner wants me to use his paste wax so I want to get the paint ready without doing it twice so to speak.

onlycodered
11-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Perhaps you could try a cleaner wax. It would have very minimal abrasives but there would be enough to clean up some contaminants and also apply wax in the process.