PDA

View Full Version : Simple green or Purple Power (or another bulk degreaser)

Whitethunder46
02-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Pretty simple, which one do you like better? Reasons? Do you think one is safer than the other? Is there a nice scent? Dillution ratio's?

If there's another degreaser you all like instead (such as Megs Pro Line) or another brand, speek up!

dengood1
02-15-2007, 11:34 PM
I just got some of the Megs Super Degreaser but haven't had the chance to use it yet. It smells strong. I've used Purple Power, Purple Stuff, Castrol Super Clean, etc....all work good. I usually dilute 4:1 or more depending on the job. Have not found a degreaser that smells appealing yet. I just took a quick whiff of the Super Degreaser from Megs when I got it last week and need to refresh.....can't really remember what it smelled like. It didn't stink or anything, but it didn't smell fruity, like roses, like soap or anything like that. Simple Green probably smells the best out of all of them so far........I'll update you on the Megs when I get a chance to use it.

Whitethunder46
02-15-2007, 11:40 PM
I just got some of the Megs Super Degreaser but haven't had the chance to use it yet. It smells strong. I've used Purple Power, Purple Stuff, Castrol Super Clean, etc....all work good. I usually dilute 4:1 or more depending on the job. Have not found a degreaser that smells appealing yet. I just took a quick whiff of the Super Degreaser from Megs when I got it last week and need to refresh.....can't really remember what it smelled like. It didn't stink or anything, but it didn't smell fruity, like roses, like soap or anything like that. Simple Green probably smells the best out of all of them so far........I'll update you on the Megs when I get a chance to use it.

Did you notice any cleaning ability differences between Simple Green and Purple Power?

I'm going to dillute one bottle 1:1 and another 4:1. Basically for Engines and tires.
I also have APC+ at 10:1 if I need something very dilluted for like interior cleaning.

dengood1
02-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Did you notice any cleaning ability differences between Simple Green and Purple Power?

I'm going to dillute one bottle 1:1 and another 4:1. Basically for Engines and tires.
I also have APC+ at 10:1 if I need something very dilluted for like interior cleaning.

I haven't used Simple Green for a LONG time.....any one of the "purple" ones are good cleaners!

RacerE7773
02-16-2007, 10:36 AM
I've used Simple Green full strength and diluted (when I've run low like now). I like it that you don't have to make sure it won't damage the material. I looked at the Greased Lightnings and such but when I read the bottle saying "test first in an inconspicuous area", I put it down and looked for the SG display.:)

Whitethunder46
02-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Got a gallon of Purple Power for under $5. Bottle says full stregth for tires/engines, but I'm going to do it at 1:1.

Also picked up a bottle of NXT's wash that I've been looking for forever. $6.99 though, I swear it's cheaper than that.

teeks
02-17-2007, 01:00 PM
i like purple power much more than SG, so far ive had good luck diluting it 10:1 (even used it on my dads 15 year old never washed van, cleaned the engine up quick) and its pretty darn cheap too. im just too wary of the simple green because i know that people use it for model making to strip paint off models (yikes!)