PDA

View Full Version : Hand Applicator pads

Pages : [1] 2

kaboose786
10-28-2011, 10:30 PM
Hello,
I recently bought:
CCS Euro Foam Hand Applicator Pad Redhttp://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5720/unledapf.jpg

Foam Wax Applicator 2 pack: http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3963/unledff.jpg

Tomorrow ill be applying Collinite 845. So which pad should i start of with? Would one pad be enough for whole car (compact sedan)?

Also when am done apply collinite how do i wash the pad? If i machine wash do i just use "Micro-Restore Microfiber Detergent" that i have?

Ron Atchison
10-28-2011, 11:53 PM
It will be hard to wash out. You may want to lable a zip lock bag and seal it up until the next time you use 845.

kaboose786
10-29-2011, 12:44 AM
It will be hard to wash out. You may want to lable a zip lock bag and seal it up until the next time you use 845.

hmm wouldnt it dry the applicator if i dont wash it?

Also which one u recommend for Collinite 845?

Would one applicator be enough for whole car?

poweraid
10-29-2011, 02:35 AM
one applicator is all u need for a whole vehicle unless of course u drop it on the floor. I use the yellow foam hand pads. they are cheap . although I use a da to do most of the vehicle still some areas need to be done by hand . when finished I may just toss em out , or I may bag it if I know I have another vehicle to do soon .

BobbyG
10-29-2011, 06:36 AM
Collinite 845 is a great product and must be applied very thin otherwise it can be a bit difficult to buff off.

You can use either pad as they are both the same density. Chad mentioned he likes the yellow foam pads and I tend to agree with his comment. Don't misunderstand, both will work and work well but the yellow foam pads are less expensive making them somewhat disposable.

Pinnacle Foam (http://www.autogeek.net/pinfoamwaxap1.html)

CCS Foam (http://www.autogeek.net/red-ccs-applicators.html)

Cleaning Collinite 845 from the pad can be a bit of a pain. I've found that a degreaser and hot water work pretty well but storing them in a plastic zip-lock bags keeps them soft and ready to reuse even with product left on the pad.

loudog2
10-29-2011, 07:47 AM
There is only a .50 cent difference per pad. CCS come in a 2 pack for $5 and yellow pinnacle are $2 for one. The yellow ones used to be a lot more cheaper.

crxman2010
10-29-2011, 08:13 AM
I have both of the red pads but I haven't used either to put collinite on yet but I use the euro red CCS white CCS for hand polishing and like them, I bought these applicators for this (hand polish and compound). I plan on use the red round applicator for wax, just haven't used it yet and I would recommend being careful with how much you wax you use with it. I noticed when polishing with the euro pads that depending on hand pressure you can get a build up of material in those "pores" which could come out heavier than you want at some point. Not a huge problem if you notice and correct but could result in some thick spots of wax.

I have used the little yellow pads for collinite though and I washed them with dawn dish soap afterwards based on the experience I had with my MF pad system:

When I used the Megs MF system I also used Detailer's Pro Series Polishing Pad Rejuvenator to clean the pads and found that it did an okay job on the compound pad but did very little for the wax pad. The white wax pad was still stained completely gray after scrubbing. I used a little dawn dish soap and the pad is white again. I usually rinse once or twice after any signs of soap have stopped coming out, let it rest while I clean the other pads, and then rinse it again to make sure there is no soap left. If you were worried about soap residue you could probably follow up with Detailer's Pro Series Polishing Pad Rejuvenator bath after using the dawn to cut the wax, I have done this didn't notice much change in the pad and I am not sure there was any soap left in the pad to get rid of but it couldn't hurt.

Ron Atchison
10-29-2011, 10:18 AM
hmm wouldnt it dry the applicator if i dont wash it?

Also which one u recommend for Collinite 845?

Would one applicator be enough for whole car?

I have always used a MF for the 845 and yes it does dry in the pad. But I alway heat up the wax in the sink with hot water and the warm wax instantly melts whats left in the pad.

Old Tiger
10-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Agree 100%

Twister
10-29-2011, 03:58 PM
I keep a ziploc bag with writing on it so I know what product I used with it. I've never had any problems. Sometimes I will clean the applicator with APC and hot water. Seems to get it clean but I still keep that applicator for only that one product. Reason for this is you never know how different products will react to each other

DejaVu
11-02-2011, 08:18 PM
I've always put my waxy applicator pads in the wash with my MF towels. I will try the zip lock bags sounds like a good idea.

Detail_Dude
11-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Why not use the 'Polishin Pal' applicator Mike Phillips demonstrates in one of his online videos? Seems it may be easier to manage by hand.

BWG707
01-31-2012, 08:44 AM
I'll second that.

Shakabruddah808
11-03-2012, 01:32 AM
I have the Eurofoam applicators in both white and red. The whites excel at polishing and are easy to clean. I've used one of the red pads for applying BFWD Sealant with good results as well. I'm thinking the round CCS pads would be great as an all-around applicator (liquid and paste) whereas the Eurofoam applicators would be better for liquids.

I'm thinking of getting some of those round red CCS pads for applying Natty's blue paste. Still doing some research before purchasing, however. Let us know how they turn out for you.

Hope this helps.

:xyxthumbs:

MyFirstES300
05-26-2013, 08:32 AM
I bought these EuroFoam's most recently. This might be a stupid question BUT, which side are you supposed to apply the sealant on? The perforated or smooth side? Thanks. -Ed