PDA

View Full Version : winter storm warning

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
10-28-2011, 09:14 AM
for my area saturday! too early for this crap!

Severe Weather advisories from WeatherBug.com (http://weather.weatherbug.com/PA/Johnstown-weather/severe-weather/local-alerts.html?zcode=z6726&alert_state=PA&alert_id=nws26022008fPA024)

looks like the gmc will not get a wash this weekend.......

JBL
10-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Yeah, we're getting that too here in Philly.

It's known though that the forecasters in this area (as opposed to any other?) are horrific. There could be a small cold front on the horizon and they just about call for zombie apocolypse. I even heard someone put out the french toast alert this morning!

I'm not holding my breath though and plan on being out there Sunday morning.

LegacyGT
10-28-2011, 10:11 AM
But snow can be fun :D
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2434/199/107/29405785/n29405785_35364156_5329.jpg

I am putting on the snow tires this weekend.

BobbyG
10-28-2011, 10:17 AM
We had about an inch or so last night but the weather guys calling for 2 to 3 more tomorrow night and into Saturday morning.......:nomore:

Darn Yankee
10-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Yes it is too early. I am glad I moved down south at times like this. But it hits us as well, just not as often I would think. I have only been here (NC) for 6 years or so.

I was born up that way and was stationed at Penn State Pa. (Army) for awhile so I can feel your pain.

DaHen
10-28-2011, 10:42 AM
All four doors on the Altima were frozen shut this morning. Quickly warmed up once the sun showed up.

tuscarora dave
10-28-2011, 11:08 AM
I'll be gassing up my new snow blower this weekend!! No more shoveling in big snow storms!!:wave:

Setec Astronomy
10-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Forget frost on the pumpkin--snow, baby! This sucks!

mark58
10-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Forget frost on the pumpkin--snow, baby! This sucks!

You people deserve some early snow. Usually along the lake we are one of the ones that get it first.Lake water still to warm, but it will be here before soon. Our average is about 120" along the lake and over 200" 20 miles inland. That's lake Erie, Erie Pa.

BillyJack
10-28-2011, 11:42 AM
While I certainly don't look forward to PA winters, it will be November in a couple days, and that's the way it is. My garage queen El Camino is tucked away and the winter DD Olds has fresh oil, fresh anti-freeze and decent Michelins. It's already had a massage with Collinite and Aquapel, so it's as ready as it will ever be. Still have to drain the alky out of the race car, remove the wing and take the tension off the valve springs to make it ready for hibernation.
Big brown truck stopped yesterday with a delivery from PBMA. My dangerously low supply of ONR has been renewed and my copy of Mike P's book awaits some serious time in my recliner, so I guess it isn't all bad.

Bill

Flash Gordon
10-28-2011, 01:47 PM
You guys should move South. I don't see how ya'll can stand that cold weather for months on end. That would depress me I think

While I certainly don't look forward to PA winters, it will be November in a couple days, and that's the way it is. My garage queen El Camino is tucked away and the winter DD Olds has fresh oil, fresh anti-freeze and decent Michelins. It's already had a massage with Collinite and Aquapel, so it's as ready as it will ever be. Still have to drain the alky out of the race car, remove the wing and take the tension off the valve springs to make it ready for hibernation.
Big brown truck stopped yesterday with a delivery from PBMA. My dangerously low supply of ONR has been renewed and my copy of Mike P's book awaits some serious time in my recliner, so I guess it isn't all bad.

Bill

Bill,

I got your PM, but have been waiting to see if Joe (1st dibs) wanted that video. If I don't hear anything by Monday, I'll send it your way

JBL
10-28-2011, 01:57 PM
You guys should move South. I don't see how ya'll can stand that cold weather for months on end. That would depress me I think.

Only when it's raining, but not quite cold enough to be accumulating snow. At least when the snow piles up it becomes a beer day.

Anyhow...the truck is packed and I should be down there by tomorrow morning. I like my eggs up and the toast slightly burnt. I'll bring some donuts.

PA DETAILER
10-29-2011, 09:54 AM
wow. getting hit pretty hard. looks like january out. i would say 5 to 6 inches so far. in effect till 10pm. just hope the power stays on!

slickooz
10-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Woke up to this. Looks like we going have a real bad winter.
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i461/bigslickdetailing/IMG_4582.jpg

PA DETAILER
10-30-2011, 03:44 PM
the day after. :xyxthumbs: not bad at all today. temps and sun put a hurting on the snow. warm enough out that i just finished with a wash. and wiped down with a old favorite....AQUA WAX. forgot how good this product is.

yesterday was unreal. we got at least 8" out of that storm. a lot of tree limbs downed. power did stay on. thank god. there are some in the harrisburg area that are going to be without power for 5-7 days!!