PDA

View Full Version : ONR (Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine) Review

big tyme
10-28-2011, 06:09 AM
I finally decided to try some ONR for the first time. I know....I know, what took me so long? Well during the wash process I was wondering the same thing. Here's my review.

Product: ONR (Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine) 32oz.

Packaging: Plastic bottle, screw on top, nice label with all the info you need to use the product correctly

Link: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine: clay lubricant, optimum rinseless wash, no rinse car wash, optimum detailing products (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html)

Consistency: Slightly thick liquid

Smell: Blueberry, berry, mixed berry, something berry?

Color: Blue

Ease of Use: Super easy, just follow the directions on the label.

Notes: I decided that the test subject for an ONR sponge bath would be my daily driver 97 Maxima (deep evergreen paint). I used my calibrated eye and filled the cap to 1 oz and poured that into a 2 gallon bucket of water and then mixed. I also had a 5 gallon bucket with a grit guard for cleaning my wash medium. In this case I was using a microfiber mitt. I will admit I was a little nervous that I would induce some swirls or marring due to the dust and dried up rain deposits that our recent storm had left. I guess time will tell. On to the wash process.
So to start I soaked the mitt in the solution and began with the roof. I basically gripped the elastic cuff of the mitt and dragged it across the roof a few times, using the weight of the water in the mitt as the pressure aid. I dried using a WW towel and inspected the area. I really wasn't expecting miracles but the product really did an amazing job. I was kind of shocked and awed. I finished the car and did a walk around. I noticed ONR instilled a nice glow that rivaled some LSP applications. :coolgleam:

Conclusion: The product does everything it claims and it does it well. After reading Chris's old post (ONR: The Definitive Thread) I noticed all the characteristics he pointed out were happening exactly as described. The dirt was binding to the mitt, the solution was kind of slimey and really encapsulated the dirt/dust and the biggest deal, no rinsing needed. I'm really glad I decided to purchase this and am amazed at the ease of the wash process; I pretty much cut my wash time in half. I now love ONR and look forward to using it in its other capacities. I might even have to try other Optimum products once I start running out of what I currently use. Thank you.

BobbyG
10-28-2011, 06:45 AM
Nice review! :props:

Optimum makes some great products and many here are sold on Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine. These are particularly important for those of us living in the North during the winter months when washing a car or truck can become challenging....:props:

BMW
10-28-2011, 07:38 AM

Optimum makes some great products and many here are sold on Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine. These are particularly important for those of us living in the North during the winter months when washing a car or truck can become challenging....:props:

Challenging is a nice way to put washing in the winter! :detailer:

I already spent this morning scraping windows...

ShaunD
10-28-2011, 07:47 AM
I too am still amazed at the gloss the ONR leaves, everytime I use it. I recently ONR'd my neighbors truck that I detailed several months ago and it had been sitting with over a month's worth of dirt/grime. The LSP is pretty much gone on the truck, yet after ONR it looked to be rejuvenated and there didn't appear to be any wash swirls instilled, from me at least.
Thanks for the quick review, and welcome to the world of OPT!

SonOfOC
10-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Comes in very handy in sunny west coat too! City ordinance and the fact that sometimes you need to be in your garage to get some shade.

I love using ONR in the garage. 3 gallons total and only .5 to 1 gallon actually hits the floor. A garage towel or mop quickly cleans it up leaving the garage floor smelling good.

ThirdgenTa
10-28-2011, 03:23 PM
My gf never washes her car... EVER, and has no protection whatsoever. I washed it with ONR and it rained the next day and it was beading up like crazy. Good stuff

Crispy
02-16-2015, 02:48 PM
I know this is an old post but I have been using this product since Oct 1, 2014 almost daily. I'm in Southern Ontario and colder temperatures make outside washes more difficult because it's cold and dark after work. Had tried a waterless wash product from Canadian Tire last winter and it didn't do a very good job so I ended up purchasing a touch less wash package from Petro Canada (120 washes for $120.00-limit one per day). Don't like anything but me washing my car but seemed like reasonable price. Received my ONR and went to work not expecting much. I did do a lot of research on how to use and different ways to apply and dry before my first try. Well here I am Feb 16, 2015 and it's -25C (the coldest day so far this winter) and I have to say ONR has performed very well. It was so cold today my rinse water froze in a heated garage and I still was able to clean the car to get rid of all the salt. Leaves a nice shine and a slick finish. I can't wait to try out in the spring.