PDA

View Full Version : Used this Car Wash Soap?

Tex Star Detail
02-14-2007, 09:00 PM
I was surfing the net and ran across this car wash soap..... Just wanted to see if anyone used it before and what did they think of it. Did it do as advertised? Spot free with no drying?
http://images.orgill.com/200x200/6849814.jpg

I think it runs about $7 for 35 oz. Or at least the site I was on had it for that.
Here is what it claims.....
* Save time with Rain-X Self Dry Car Wash by virtually eliminating the drying step!
* The patented technology makes the water sheet away allowing the car to dry itself without spotting or streaking.
* The rich foam of Rain-X Self Dry acts quickly to dissolve and lift off dirt and road grime, leaving your car with a brilliant shine.
* Rain-X Self Dry is formulated for all automotive paint finishes, including clearcoats.
* It will not strip or dull waxed surfaces.
* Made in USA.
I seen that Walgreens carries it, so I may go look for it and try it out...

Excessive Detail
02-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Man I forgot about that stuff, I used to use that way back in the day when I first started to drive, from what I remeber it wasn't that bad, but no comparision to todays products.

supercharged
02-15-2007, 04:59 AM
I was surfing the net and ran across this car wash soap..... Just wanted to see if anyone used it before and what did they think of it. Did it do as advertised? Spot free with no drying?
http://images.orgill.com/200x200/6849814.jpg

I think it runs about $7 for 35 oz. Or at least the site I was on had it for that.
Here is what it claims.....
* Save time with Rain-X Self Dry Car Wash by virtually eliminating the drying step!
* The patented technology makes the water sheet away allowing the car to dry itself without spotting or streaking.
* The rich foam of Rain-X Self Dry acts quickly to dissolve and lift off dirt and road grime, leaving your car with a brilliant shine.
* Rain-X Self Dry is formulated for all automotive paint finishes, including clearcoats.
* It will not strip or dull waxed surfaces.
* Made in USA.
I seen that Walgreens carries it, so I may go look for it and try it out...
I never used it, but it sounds like Meguiar's NXT, similar formula.

Excessive Detail
02-15-2007, 01:46 PM
I never used it, but it sounds like Meguiar's NXT, similar formula.

No were near the cleaning, rinsing, and overall results of nxt, and is doesn't do what is says no more than using nxt and flooding the paint.

ScottB
02-15-2007, 04:48 PM
never particularly liked Rain-x, so I stay away from all its products.

ltoman
02-15-2007, 06:39 PM
i saw it in wally world and ag, but saw no reason to try it. how is it going to dry the car too? come on - can't be that good. stick with what you're using!

supercharged
02-15-2007, 10:56 PM
I really doubt that it's any good, at least for washing your own vehicles.
By the way, - every wash says it won't strip wax, even the ones you can find in 99 cent stores.

ltoman
02-15-2007, 11:32 PM
I really doubt that it's any good, at least for washing your own vehicles.
By the way, - every wash says it won't strip wax, even the ones you can find in 99 cent stores.

LOL!! Never noticed that! Nice to know, not that I ever even thought to look for carwash in there...get nylons for cheap.....
Talk about false advertising, eh???
Lauren
AG rocks
Souveran Rules - good for all three wax jobs! Lol