PDA

View Full Version : Worst day! But the my customers where great!

MirandaAutoSpa
10-24-2011, 04:41 PM
So started out a great morning, had a full day of customers lined up, was going to be a good money day too.
Well :rant: I have a 3250 Watt Gen. that I love, it has worked great and I have kept up with oil and the rest.
Today for NO REASON (it seems) it stops working. I runs for 10 or so seconds then it just stops, like someone flicked the kill switch. So i ran over to the nearest Walmart and picked up a cheap 1200 Watt Gen just top get us through the day. The same thing happened to this little piece of ****. It couldn't be the gas because my Power washer also had the same gas.
Well at least my friend is a mechanic and hopefully it should be an easy fix, carb cleaning or something I don't know.
Well my customers were so understanding that one of them still paid me, even though I refused to accept. She insisted AND tipped on top of it. Some people are so cool that it makes up for all the miserable ones that are cheap and rude.
Is it ok to release stress on the forums? At least here, people understand.

5Toes
10-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Awesome thing for that woman to do... it should be a simple issue.

Good luck man, you are doing alot of things right

MirandaAutoSpa
10-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Awesome thing for that woman to do... it should be a simple issue.

Good luck man, you are doing alot of things right

Thank You..I knew you guys would understand. This is why I love being an autogeek. :props:

LuxuryMobile
10-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Sounds frustrating. Glad it all worked out.

kimtyson
10-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Sorry for your frustration. Hang in there. Momma always said there'd be days like this. Tomorrow will be better.

tw33k2514
10-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Seems like acts of kindness are few and far between these days. So hats off to the lady that still paid you.

As for your generator ( I am a mechanic) It is a small engine, which means it probably has to do with the carburetor/fuel delivery system in some way. That also means it should not be that hard to fix. I am sure your friend will figure it out for you.

Try to have a great end of the day though :hungry:

MirandaAutoSpa
10-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Seems like acts of kindness are few and far between these days. So hats off to the lady that still paid you.

As for your generator ( I am a mechanic) It is a small engine, which means it probably has to do with the carburetor/fuel delivery system in some way. That also means it should not be that hard to fix. I am sure your friend will figure it out for you.

Try to have a great end of the day though :hungry:

Thank you guys...we will bring it in tomorrow and see what he can do.
Dinner, and hours of TV made it alllllll better.

Garry Dean
10-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Is it getting gas? Definately sounds like a fuel delivery issue as stated above.

mark58
10-24-2011, 06:31 PM
when it sits carb fuel bowl bets filled and it will start. After little while it dies because your fuel line or filter (if you have one) is plugged up unless you have moisture in your gas can.

MirandaAutoSpa
10-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Is it getting gas? Definately sounds like a fuel delivery issue as stated above.

when it sits carb fuel bowl bets filled and it will start. After little while it dies because your fuel line or filter (if you have one) is plugged up unless you have moisture in your gas can.

Yeah it sounds like that, like it isn't getting gas. It runs for a few seconds then dies like I hit the run/off switch. The tank(above the motor) has the gas line that runs to the carb, I took the line off the top where the on/off switch is and the gas flows fine from the switch, so it most be the line or something in the carb.

Chris's FX4
10-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Glad everything worked out and that the customer understands.

This may be a dumb question, but I assume you checked the oil level?

Reason I ask is because our generator has a low oil automatic shut off feature.

MirandaAutoSpa
10-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Glad everything worked out and that the customer understands.

This may be a dumb question, but I assume you checked the oil level?

Reason I ask is because our generator has a low oil automatic shut off feature.
Yup, thanks, that was the first thing I thought it was, that has happened to me before. I don't know to much about generators but I am learning now.