PDA

View Full Version : California Duster

Pages : [1] 2

BILL
02-14-2007, 05:57 PM
After 2 years my duster is in dyer need of cleaning.i know thats taboo to wash the duster:(
has anyone who owns one ever done that and what if any were the consequences............:confused:

Pats300zx
02-14-2007, 06:29 PM
I have washed mine with some Woolite and water. Never had a problem with it. They do say that the dirtier it gets the better it is supposed to be. I thought it would be better to wash it anyway.

BILL
02-14-2007, 06:40 PM
I have washed mine with some Woolite and water. Never had a problem with it. They do say that the dirtier it gets the better it is supposed to be. I thought it would be better to wash it anyway.

Thanks..does it look any cleaner??? mine is filthy......

quantim0
02-14-2007, 06:47 PM
I dropped mine on the floor so I really need to wash it. This is the second thread today that answered a question I really needed answered but hadn't gotten around to posting.

Excessive Detail
02-14-2007, 06:52 PM
I dropped mine on the floor so I really need to wash it. This is the second thread today that answered a question I really needed answered but hadn't gotten around to posting.

Is it safe to use one of those, I've always heard mix comments, I used to use tham on my old before I knew anything about swirls. Are all duster the same or are some better than others.

Meghan
02-14-2007, 06:57 PM
:iagree:

quantim0
02-14-2007, 07:36 PM
The roads here are real dusty and after a day of driving my car is covered in a light dust. I haven't noticed any marring removing the dust. However, if there was any dirt on the car you'd be better served with a QD.

Jimmie
02-14-2007, 07:48 PM
The tips on mine were getting real dark so I washed in Woolite and cold water(think that the strands are infused with parafin so cold water). Well, they are still dark. Only use for light dust and even then I'll follow with a QD. Also, I never put any down pressure on it, not even the weight of the duster.

ScottB
02-14-2007, 07:57 PM
replace it every couple of years .. cheap insurance, and I like the new Oxo version better.

RTexasF
02-14-2007, 08:02 PM
replace it every couple of years .. cheap insurance, and I like the new Oxo version better.

Why do you prefer the Oxo?

BILL
02-14-2007, 08:03 PM
The tips on mine were getting real dark so I washed in Woolite and cold water(think that the strands are infused with parafin so cold water). Well, they are still dark. Only use for light dust and even then I'll follow with a QD. Also, I never put any down pressure on it, not even the weight of the duster.

ME TOO....no pressure light dusting followed by a QDer.......

BILL
02-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Why do you prefer the Oxo?

longer handle

Lone_Star
02-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Its not how long the handle is, but how you use it!

Whitethunder46
02-15-2007, 02:06 PM
I really like to use the Dusters after polishing/compounding. Very quick way to get rid of any dusting before LSP's.

Lone_Star
02-15-2007, 02:15 PM
I was going to pick some up at Big Lots, but didn't know if I would use them. I am running out of room in my little aparment for all my detailing goodies.