PDA

View Full Version : megs BP

Pages : [1] 2

jamores23
10-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Im looking for a backing plate for my MF pads. I currently have the one that came with it w67da but i believe I got a defective one. NONE of my pads stick to it and no , its not melted. I got the 5.5 in pads so i need the 5 in bp . I cant seem to find the bp by itself on ag. Any one had this problem as well? my pads have gone to crap on the velcro side as well cause of this. I will be ordering new pads and a new bp, if this happens again im done with the mf system. should i go with the w67 bp again or get another bp?

Belair
10-24-2011, 09:09 AM
If the BP is defective, they'll replace it. Contact the place where you bought it.

05xrunner
10-24-2011, 09:18 AM
I think yours is fine..I bought one to and that plate sucks..it doesnt hold crap..it holds the MF pads better cause they have a longer fibers on back but foam pads hardly even stick to it..I basically tossed mine out as it was junk after using it once and watching it chew the edge of my HT pad off. since the pad kept slipping around in it..its not worth the money. I just use my Lake Country and never have any issues.

C. Charles Hahn
10-24-2011, 12:41 PM
I think yours is fine..I bought one to and that plate sucks..it doesnt hold crap..it holds the MF pads better cause they have a longer fibers on back but foam pads hardly even stick to it..I basically tossed mine out as it was junk after using it once and watching it chew the edge of my HT pad off. since the pad kept slipping around in it..its not worth the money. I just use my Lake Country and never have any issues.

I think you guys both may have defective ones... or it's mutual operator error. I've got a W67DA plate that I've been using for quite a while with several different types/brands of pads and it has never had a problem like either of you describe.

05xrunner
10-24-2011, 12:47 PM
i dont know how you can have operator issue..take pad..stick it on plate done..The Megs plate has almost no grip I was cleaning my one pad on the fly once and it almost flew off cause the hook and loop is to short on that. I personally dont like it at all

embolism
10-24-2011, 02:15 PM
hmmm,

I wonder if the optimum pads will work fine on an LC bp?

I read that they were a bit smaller than the Megs pads

Harleyguy
10-24-2011, 04:08 PM
hmmm,

I wonder if the optimum pads will work fine on an LC bp?

I read that they were a bit smaller than the Megs padsYes they work fine with it .

Harleyguy
10-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Im looking for a backing plate for my MF pads. I currently have the one that came with it w67da but i believe I got a defective one. NONE of my pads stick to it and no , its not melted. I got the 5.5 in pads so i need the 5 in bp . I cant seem to find the bp by itself on ag. Any one had this problem as well? my pads have gone to crap on the velcro side as well cause of this. I will be ordering new pads and a new bp, if this happens again im done with the mf system. should i go with the w67 bp again or get another bp?When I bought the MF system it can with the BP I bought the 5'" system it came with the compound and wax . Did you buy everything separate ? I used it all today and had no issue at all with the pads or the BP .

05xrunner
10-24-2011, 04:36 PM
i have never had any problems with the MF pads as they have a longer strands on the backing..its foam pads that have issues for me with staying properly attached

jamores23
10-24-2011, 06:10 PM
yes adam i bought the whole kit, ive gone through 3 cutting pads 5 in now on the smaller pads the 3 in, i got the unigrit bp and it is almost impossible to take of the pads when on the other hand the 5 in combo you could blow on the pad and it will come off.. megs says there bp is made for the mf system, so would getting a lc 5 in bp take away the ability of the mf pads? i think its all the same right?

Harleyguy
10-24-2011, 06:43 PM
yes adam i bought the whole kit, ive gone through 3 cutting pads 5 in now on the smaller pads the 3 in, i got the unigrit bp and it is almost impossible to take of the pads when on the other hand the 5 in combo you could blow on the pad and it will come off.. megs says there bp is made for the mf system, so would getting a lc 5 in bp take away the ability of the mf pads? i think its all the same right?When I get into work tomorrow I will check and see how well the LC backing plates hold the MF pads I would do it now but I have everything at work I've been working on some cars . I have no problems at all with the backing plate that came in the kit matter of fact I really have to give a good pull to get the pads off of it .

aerogt01
10-24-2011, 06:49 PM
I have no problems at all with the backing plate that came in the kit matter of fact I really have to give a good pull to get the pads off of it .

I am using a W67DA and that is my experience as well. I was afraid I was going to tear the MF pad apart pulling it off.

jamores23
10-24-2011, 06:53 PM
yeah, so I guess im just going to get a lc bp 5 in.

jamores23
10-24-2011, 08:22 PM
is there any difference between the w67da or a lc 5 in bp?

C. Charles Hahn
10-24-2011, 08:58 PM
is there any difference between the w67da or a lc 5 in bp?

LC on left, W67DA on right:

http://hahn-on-the.net/pictures/detailing/BPs.jpg

http://hahn-on-the.net/pictures/detailing/Velcro.jpg

LC:

http://hahn-on-the.net/pictures/detailing/LCVelcro.jpg

W67DA:

http://hahn-on-the.net/pictures/detailing/MGVelcro.jpg

The W67DA's loops are DEEPER than the LC plate -- they actually hold *better* than the LC plate.