PDA

View Full Version : What are the shelf life of polishes and sealants?

buffguy
10-23-2011, 01:52 PM
I have a couple of brand new bottles of menzerna polishes and wolfgang, rejex sealants sitting in my garage for 2-3 years. I had plans to work on my cars but I got lazy and they sat in storage for this long. Now, I feel the need to do some paint correction. Is it fine to use the old products or should I just throw them away and buy new stuff? Thanks.

Flash Gordon
10-23-2011, 01:55 PM
As long as the product hasn't seperated, your good to go!

oldmodman
10-23-2011, 03:24 PM
I have gallon jugs of Meguiar's polishes. Some are over ten years old and they are still fine. As long as they are stored where the temps remain relatively constant (in a house, not out in the garage) I don't think you will have much of a problem with storage.

I feel that extremes of temperature are what kill product. 130 degrees on the top shelf of a garage in the summer and below freezing in a storage shed in the winter. Those are product killers.

ScottB
10-23-2011, 03:33 PM
keep them outside of huge temp swings, as long as they havent dried up they are likely still good.

BobbyG
10-23-2011, 03:40 PM
I have gallon jugs of Meguiar's polishes. Some are over ten years old and they are still fine. As long as they are stored where the temps remain relatively constant (in a house, not out in the garage) I don't think you will have much of a problem with storage.

I feel that extremes of temperature are what kill product. 130 degrees on the top shelf of a garage in the summer and below freezing in a storage shed in the winter. Those are product killers.

:iagree:

Always use plain old common sense with ay product that touches the finish and they'll last a good long time.... :props: