PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the seat belts?

nimo
10-21-2011, 05:56 PM
I have a tan interior and the seat belts are dirty.

Whats the best way to clean them, or do I have to dye them with SEM dye?

cutter
10-21-2011, 06:39 PM
I would try OPC diluted 3-1 agitate with a small brush, you can try to rinse with a damp MF. OPC is safe on all fabrics and I would'nt hesitate to use it if I was going to clean my seatbelts.

slickooz
10-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Yeah OPC is great and safe on car interior and exterior. If you don't have OPC I would try to get some APC and dilute it to 3:1.

nimo
10-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Sorry guys, OPC and APC? I would think APC is "All purposed cleaner"?

I just remember back in the detailing days seat belts were hard as hell to get a consistent clean all the way through. Most of the time we dyed them.

Thanks for replying!

Nimo

slickooz
10-21-2011, 07:32 PM
OPC = Optimum Power Clean

Acer9103
10-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Do you guys have a direct link for them?Can't seen to find them. :)

slickooz
10-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Optimum Power Clean™ All Purpose Cleaner 128 oz. Refill New & Improved! (http://www.autogeek.net/128oz-optimum-power-clean-apc.html)

DLB
10-28-2011, 10:59 AM
I have a tan interior and the seat belts are dirty.

Whats the best way to clean them, or do I have to dye them with SEM dye?

I would try OPC diluted 3-1 agitate with a small brush, you can try to rinse with a damp MF. OPC is safe on all fabrics and I would'nt hesitate to use it if I was going to clean my seatbelts.I agree with cutter on this for sure. I know a local detailer that told me to take them out and soak them, but that is a lot of work on a quick interior clean up. Usually some OPC and a brush will do it though. I usually just wipe off with a wet terry towel.

Do you guys have a direct link for them?Can't seen to find them. :)See above link for Optimum Power Clean. APC (as already mentioned) is just a generic term for All Purpose Cleaner. My favorite* is Meguiar's APC+. There are an abundance of them though.

*Optimum Power Clean is an APC as well, but it is a little more expensive, so I don't use it for everything. I would say it is my favorite as well, but I don't use it when APC+ will do the job, just for cost.

DLB

FUNX650
10-28-2011, 11:32 AM
For cleaning:
Seatbelts:
- Folex
- Woolite
- P21S TAW
- 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover
- C-28 Seatbelt Cleaner and Spot Remover
Seatbelt anchors/retracting mechanisms:
-Compressed air to blow out dirt/dust/debris