PDA

View Full Version : Dodo Juice Blue Velvet or Blue Velvet Pro

Pages : [1] 2

rwright
10-21-2011, 03:55 PM
So I'm looking to buy another wax and I want some help deciding. Should I buy Dodo Juice Blue Velvet or Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Pro? You decide. If you have experience with both feel free to post your thoughts as well.

Dr Oldz
10-21-2011, 04:10 PM
I like the pro better. Last much longer and I think it it has a bit deeper look. Application and removal are the same.

rwright
10-21-2011, 05:35 PM
I like the pro better. Last much longer and I think it it has a bit deeper look. Application and removal are the same.

Thanks for the info :)

Anyone have any other suggestions? I currently have:

DP Max Wax
Pinnacle Souveran
Wolfgang Fuzion
Pinnacle Signature Series II
Dodo Supernatural
Poorboys Natty's Red
Duragloss Paste
Migliore Presidenziale

thedodo
10-21-2011, 05:43 PM
as Dr Oldz has pointed out the Blue Velvet Pro wax is Blue Velvet plus a polymer sealant ingredient we also use in Red Mist. this makes the Pro a hybrid wax containing both the natural and artificial ingredients. both are hard waxes - meaning they suit foam application rather than finger.

Blue Velvet will give 2-3 months of protection with good maintenance while the Pro will give 3-4 months.

if you are out waxing and rewaxing your car often, go for the Blue Velvet... if you prefer fewer applications go Pro 8)

rwright
10-21-2011, 07:30 PM
as Dr Oldz has pointed out the Blue Velvet Pro wax is Blue Velvet plus a polymer sealant ingredient we also use in Red Mist. this makes the Pro a hybrid wax containing both the natural and artificial ingredients. both are hard waxes - meaning they suit foam application rather than finger.

Blue Velvet will give 2-3 months of protection with good maintenance while the Pro will give 3-4 months.

if you are out waxing and rewaxing your car often, go for the Blue Velvet... if you prefer fewer applications go Pro 8)

Hey, PJ posted on my thread! Very cool! I'm not too worried about durability to be honest, just looks. So BV Pro is a little deeper? I plan to lay it over a base of Lime Prime Lite.

DARK HORSE
10-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the info :)

Anyone have any other suggestions? I currently have:

DP Max Wax
Pinnacle Souveran
Wolfgang Fuzion
Pinnacle Signature Series II
Dodo Supernatural
Poorboys Natty's Red
Duragloss Paste
Migliore Presidenziale

One of my new favorite waxes is one that I got from you this past summer...:D
(I love it and no, you can't have it back!)

ScottB
10-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Pro indeed ...

Dr Oldz
10-21-2011, 08:00 PM
To add....if you are looking for a Dodo hard wax and want something for all colors, Hard Candy is also a very nice wax IMO.

DARK HORSE
10-21-2011, 08:09 PM
To add....if you are looking for a Dodo hard wax and want something for all colors, Hard Candy is also a very nice wax IMO.

:iagree:with the good doctor!

rwright
10-21-2011, 08:15 PM
One of my new favorite waxes is one that I got from you this past summer...:D
(I love it and no, you can't have it back!)

LOL! That's ok buddy :)

I just gave Hard Candy (panel pot) to Mark 07 z-oh-6. It was a nice wax but I wasn't using it.

Dr Oldz
10-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Think I may have a panel pot of PH somewhere if u wanna try it out??

rwright
10-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Think I may have a panel pot of PH somewhere if u wanna try it out??

Had it, gave it away too. In fact, I have a bunch of stuff I need to get rid of because I'm not using it. I'll make a list and put it up in the samples thread.

mwoolfso
10-22-2011, 08:15 PM
On my 2012 Iron Gray CC I put on 3 coats of Dodo over the course of a month. I then topped it with Mother's Reflections Top Coat. I think it may have been a bit overkill but consider I am still "playing around" trying to see what works well and what doesn't. I really do like all 4 of these. I figured the Dodo would last a little more than 3 months so I am hoping this lasts through the winter. Time will tell.

1- Diamond White Hard
2- Blue Velvet Hard
3- Light Fantastic Soft

Bigbull2984
07-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Sorry to bump this,

But has anyone used blue or purple pro on a white car?

I normally use Midnight sun, but on my white car I cant tell where I have applied and have not....My eyes might be going :dblthumb2:

wgilles
07-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Sorry to bump this,

But has anyone used blue or purple pro on a white car?

I normally use Midnight sun, but on my white car I cant tell where I have applied and have not....My eyes might be going :dblthumb2:

Check this stuff out. It is made for white cars

Dodo Juice Diamond White Hard Wax, dodojuice, carnauba car wax, wax for light cars, white car wax, diamond car wax, dodo waxes (http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-diamond-white-wax.html)