PDA

View Full Version : Mytee Lite II or Flex PE14-2-150?

shoeless89
10-21-2011, 12:30 PM
So my Christmas gift to myself this year was going to be the Flex PE. But now I'm having second thoughts. I detail part time and I would love to say I get a lot of paint correction business, but sadly I don't :buffing:. Most of my business are daily drivers that just want a qucik interior and wax/sealant and I run across some terrible interiors. As for as upselling goes most people want me to really clean their upholstrey and carpets, not paint correction. For carpets now I have my Bissle Little Green. It works pretty well considering it was under $100 but I feel like I spend FOREVER on some interiors and they still don't come out nearly as well as I would like. I feel like if I got the Mytee it could cut down on time and also do a better job.

But on the other hand paint correction is what I (and most of us) love to do. So if I got the Flex I could probably cut a little off my paint correction time. Also I could jewel the paint along with being able to wet/damp sand with it if I ever want to.

What you guys think? They both have their pro's and con's. Any feed back would be great!

Feed back please:dunno:

Ryan R
10-21-2011, 12:34 PM
I say go for the Mytee!
I HAD the Mytee and when I stopped doing mobile detailing I sold it. Worst mistake. makes your bad interior jobs so much easier. I'm lost without it :(

rwright
10-21-2011, 12:34 PM
If you do more interior work and daily driver work then spend your money where it's going to profit you the most and save up for the toy that will be used less. Prioritize.

dad07
10-21-2011, 12:36 PM
I say go for the Mytee!
I HAD the Mytee and when I stopped doing mobile detailing I sold it. Worst mistake. makes your bad interior jobs so much easier. I'm lost without it :(

If you do more interior work and daily driver work then spend your money where it's going to profit you the most and save up for the toy that will be used less. Prioritize.

:iagree:

2old2change
10-21-2011, 12:38 PM
I think you answered your own question already. If most of your customers ask for interior work its a no brainer, Mytee extractor. Earn a ton of money with it and use it to buy the rotary later.A win,win deal.

Rav777
10-21-2011, 03:41 PM
I would go with the Mytee as well. I use the extractor on most of my daily drivers and use it often. You will not regret it! I still want to buy my own Flex PE but I just got a Makita. One day I will get one!

shoeless89
10-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Anyone wanna play devils advocate and give some reasons to get the flex?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Flash Gordon
10-21-2011, 05:48 PM

Because when someone calls wanting paint correction, you will be prepared

Yours

Devils Advocate

2old2change
10-21-2011, 05:55 PM
I would talk you into the flex but instead just paint the makita red !:buffing:

Klink10
10-21-2011, 06:36 PM
I'll say Flex PE14-2-150 but only cause I got a brand new one for $275.00. Lucky me. Wish I had a Mytee.

SonOfOC
10-21-2011, 06:47 PM
In your case the better ROI is with the Mytee. Make the money with the Mytee to buy the Flex!

slickooz
10-21-2011, 06:53 PM
I would get Mytee since you already have a rotary.

Joe@Superior Shine
10-21-2011, 11:41 PM

It's super tough to clean an interior with te Flex PE!! Don't ask how I know.

shoeless89
10-22-2011, 12:00 AM
I would get Mytee since you already have a rotary.

I don't have one yet :(