PDA

View Full Version : Need a Cost-Effective Dashboard and Tire Protectant

Pages : [1] 2 3

The Critic
10-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Hey guys,

I am getting back into the detailing hobby and I need to rebuild my detailing supply arsenal.

What is a good, cost-effective (i.e. affordable in larger quantities) product that can be used to dress and protect dashboards, interior trim, and tires?

I was considering Meguiar’s water-based dressing or Hyper Dressing…but I read somewhere that the protective qualities of those two products are close to non-existant.

Thanks.

dad07
10-21-2011, 12:22 PM
those are good products but longevity isn't....maybe Mothers new VLR might be something to try.

The Critic
10-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks.

Has anyone tried DP interior surface protectant or poorboys natural look?

Both are priced similarly and have similar reviews. Can anyone provide a comparison between the two?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

2old2change
10-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Meguiars #40 comes to mind. My customers (friends and family) love the smell,cheap and easy to apply.Megs dosen't mention tire use but a lot of other forum members and myself ues it often.

TS656577
10-21-2011, 12:49 PM
i'll be honest, my favorite dashboard protectant is poorboys natural look dressing. For tires I like the diluted opti-bond. Both are not overly expensive

Klink10
10-21-2011, 01:11 PM
I agree, M40 does all three and on tires it looks great. I'm about to do a small test spot with it on PVC leather.

tw33k2514
10-21-2011, 01:12 PM
CarPro PERL

Bacon
10-21-2011, 01:32 PM
CarPro PERL

I was going to purchase CarPro PERL but all the dilution ratio's for tire, trim, dashboards make it to cumberson for me. I use Meguiars Ultimate Protectant or 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner (leaves a matt finish) for the interior and HyperDressing 1:1 for the exterior which leaves a great shine.

:dblthumb2:

Bacon

dsottum
10-21-2011, 02:27 PM
303 for dash protectant and diluted hyper dressing for tires. It's not like the stuff will expire any day soon.

Silverstone
10-21-2011, 03:22 PM
I used 303 Protectant on dash, exterior trim and tires for a few years with great results. Not too shiny but great protection. Everything always looked like new, but better, and you can buy it locally if there's a boating supply store near you.

Old Pirate
10-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Hey guys,

I am getting back into the detailing hobby and I need to rebuild my detailing supply arsenal.

What is a good, cost-effective (i.e. affordable in larger quantities) product that can be used to dress and protect dashboards, interior trim, and tires?

I was considering Meguiar’s water-based dressing or Hyper Dressing…but I read somewhere that the protective qualities of those two products are close to non-existant.

Thanks.

I would recommend this product ( Meguiar's Hyper Dressing for the cost effective your looking for, but if your looking for that protection to last a longer time then what everyone else has mention will do the job for you.

swirlparanoid
10-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Im not sure about a product for both but im a fan of Optimum leather protectant for the interior and opti-bond for the tires. Leather protectant leaves a nice satin look and evens out very nicely. The fumes from it will almost make you dizzy the first time you use it though. :laughing:

ScottB
10-21-2011, 11:31 PM
303 Protectant by the gallon, water based and can be used everywhere without issue and a nice matte finish.

Bacon
10-22-2011, 12:08 AM
Aside from the Guru Mike, are the moderators biased?

Just a thought and observation

bacon

5Toes
10-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Chemical Guys has some good stuff, on sale right now too...