PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Swirls/VW Polo... Hard one... Some Advice please

itay
10-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Hi,

I working on my mom's car (2005 VW Polo - Silver color).

using rotary buffer, Meg's cutting pads/LC Foamed wool pad(purple)
I tried all pads with M105/Chemical guys paint correction 3/SwirlX/CG Lazer Buff

no combo could get all of the Swirls out. 85%~90% are cleared. but i still cant get all out!

1. I am using Speed 4 on the machine (Rotary!!).

2. I am working on Small area each time, making slow passes and putting sufficient pressure on the machine.

Should i use higher speed in order to cut harder??? Settings 5~6??

JonMiles
10-20-2011, 03:12 PM
which rotary?

Have you tried a lighter combo like 85rd and a finishing pad?

Are you not removing swirls or are you instilling new swirls by using a rotary and too aggressive methods?

itay
10-20-2011, 03:43 PM
It's an OEM model with similar spec to Makita.

i tried also LC white pad with CG Lazer Buff, but it's not doing the job.

BTW, I used 2 different Meguiars cutting pads + 1 Foamed wool pad from LC.

with other cars - White Honda civic (2006), Mazda 3 i got very good results.
but now i just cant get clear swirls/Scratches cleared 100%.
Here is a sample of previous results: Meguiar's D151 with Cutting Pad (On the civic)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-F-uDx0cj9aA/ToQGPbzc4EI/AAAAAAAAD70/IvKZh9Abcto/s640/20110928_162532.jpg

shoeless89
10-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Are you not removing swirls or are you instilling new swirls by using a rotary and too aggressive methods?

:iagree:

itay
10-21-2011, 12:44 AM
1. after cutting i did pass with CG Lazer Buff & LC white pad. (Which is defiantly not agressive)
2. in the picture blow you can see another car that i used same method. Cutting , then polishing (With Same product/pad)- as you can see NO swirls..
3. Could it be that as it's a 6 year old car that had to many machine washes the swirls are deep ? very deep? combined with hard paint maybe need more working time/more passes with M105?
4. Will Menzerna handle hard German paint better than Meguiar's?? what combo will you recommend (Cutting/Polishing)?
(Pads are washed after each car, Cleaned after each pass... Keeping it clean)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-je62Y4IfR6o/Tpc0GaTr3TI/AAAAAAAAD-s/wgmh_SYV1_4/s640/Before+After2.jpg

itay
10-21-2011, 01:34 AM
Just to be clear,
After compounding, most of the swirls are gone..
i did 3 passes, but i can still see very light swirls.

i don't think these are new ones. i think they so deep with very hard paint.