PDA

View Full Version : Optimum MF pads are here!

Pages : [1] 2

rider9195
10-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Just looked at the What's New link of Auto Geek and saw that the Optimum MF pads are now available. I hope to see some comparisons between these and the Meguiar's MF pads. Heard that the OPT MF pads finish down very good. Also wondering how well these pads work on hard clear coats like ones on Corvettes. Looking forward to hopefully trying these out! :xyxthumbs:

Flash Gordon
10-19-2011, 08:12 PM
This is great news!

Rav777
10-19-2011, 08:52 PM
This is awesome I have been waiting for them to come out. I might just order some to try on the rotary. I am guessing any compound is free game for these pads?

Setec Astronomy
10-19-2011, 09:03 PM
I am guessing any compound is free game for these pads?

They were saying that the Optimum sprayable products are what's recommended for these.

embolism
10-19-2011, 09:16 PM
nice but where's the backing plate?

apparently these pads are just a bit smaller than the Megs so if you use a Megs plate with them good luck getting them off

chevchenko
10-19-2011, 09:30 PM
I see different sizes, but only one kind of pad. Does this mean it can be used for compound, polishing, and final finish?

IOMCAMARO
10-19-2011, 09:35 PM
The backing plates will be out around SEMA along with new spray compound and polishes. They will also have rotary BPs out then. The compounding pads will come out along with all of this other great stuff. :props:

dad07
10-19-2011, 09:36 PM
I see different sizes, but only one kind of pad. Does this mean it can be used for compound, polishing, and final finish?

From what I understand these are FINISHING pads....cutting(compounding ) pads coming soon to a theater nere you!

Setec Astronomy
10-19-2011, 09:37 PM

apparently these pads are just a bit smaller than the Megs so if you use a Megs plate with them good luck getting them off

I don't think these products were supposed to be introduced until SEMA, but the finishing pads got "leaked". From what Chris Thomas has said, the rest of the stuff should be available in a few weeks.

No, there is a cutting pad also but it's not available yet.

fredcandetail
10-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Megs tested their pad for over 4 years and spent countless hours researching, tweaking etc and then it gets tweaked a lil and copied ... I wonder how much testing has been done on this pad...?

john b
10-19-2011, 10:58 PM
if they are comeing out with a new spray polish/compound i sure hope they have a new sprayer

C. Charles Hahn
10-19-2011, 11:00 PM
From what I understand these are FINISHING pads....cutting(compounding ) pads coming soon to a theater nere you!

My understanding is the same... I'm really anxious to see the cutting pads come out! Should be interesting to see if the cut is similar to the Meg's pad or if it'll be a little more aggressive like a Surbuf.

Megs tested their pad for over 4 years and spent countless hours researching, tweaking etc and then it gets tweaked a lil and copied ... I wonder how much testing has been done on this pad...?

I doubt Dr. G would let anything out the door unless he was sure the product is quality.

if they are comeing out with a new spray polish/compound i sure hope they have a new sprayer

You just reminded me I have to get in touch with Chris about a replacement sprayer for my Hyper Compound... I managed to break the trigger a while back and it's just sitting on the shelf now.

Chris Thomas
10-20-2011, 12:10 AM

They'll be available in November.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk

Chris Thomas
10-20-2011, 12:12 AM
I don't think these products were supposed to be introduced until SEMA, but the finishing pads got "leaked". From what Chris Thomas has said, the rest of the stuff should be available in a few weeks.

No, there is a cutting pad also but it's not available yet.

Correct. Coming in November.

Chris Thomas
10-20-2011, 12:15 AM

Sorry for the side bar guys:

Fredcantdetail, I know you've sworn off our product line after you didn't like the way I spoke to you in the OPC thread a few months back, but is it really necessary to make a snide remark in every single Optimum thread? Move on already.