PDA

View Full Version : how to make metallic red pop

swirlparanoid
10-19-2011, 12:08 PM
My car has a metallic red paint (toyota barcelona red metallic) and was wondering how i could really make it look incredible. my finish is about 90-95% perfect from using Adams finishing polish so i have a good start but dont know where to go from here. Currently my favorite product to use on it is optimum instant detailer or opti-seal. this seemed to have given it a much wetter apperence than the Adams Americana i was using before. So what type of wax would you recommend? 100$ max...:thankyousign:

calhoun1
10-19-2011, 12:19 PM
You could always go with Souveran, or wait until they do a Fuzion deal or go with the fuzion mini!

Y2KSVT
10-19-2011, 12:23 PM
My wife has a mettalic red on her Hyundai and I've had incredible results with Poorboy's Natty (Red) Paste Wax. Easy on, easy off, and WELL within your budget. Not to mention, it smells great. It really brings the metallic out in her paint, and I've noticed about 3 months worth of protection. We do garage our vehicles at night.

BMW
10-19-2011, 12:31 PM
I have red, graphite and black metallic cars...and to get the metallics to really pop is why I use PB's EX-P Sealant. It doesn't give the depth of waxes, but it looks so translucent it will make some metallics look like a 1970's bowling ball. If you use PB's Black Hole Glaze first it will deepen and darken the red, adds a little wetness, but will take away from the metallic pop just a bit.

Bobby B.
10-19-2011, 01:51 PM
The Wolfgang Fuzion looks awesome on Red Metallic Paint and it's a perfect product to layer over the Opti-Seal.

DealerDetailer
10-19-2011, 02:27 PM
My wife has a mettalic red on her Hyundai and I've had incredible results with Poorboy's Natty (Red) Paste Wax. Easy on, easy off, and WELL within your budget. Not to mention, it smells great. It really brings the metallic out in her paint, and I've noticed about 3 months worth of protection. We do garage our vehicles at night.

:iagree: for Poorboy's Natty Red Paste Wax love this stuff!

I usually before hand apply Poorboy's EX-P Sealant x2 and then add 2 or 3 coats of Red Paste Wax! Have fun!

rider9195
10-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Midnight Sun looks good on red.

silverfox
10-19-2011, 02:32 PM
DoDo Orange Crush......

Robert8194
10-19-2011, 02:36 PM
I have BFWD topped with Midnight Sun on my corvette. It is amazing. I didn't even know it had the slight metallic tint before the BFWD.

yakky
10-19-2011, 02:37 PM
DG105 looks amazing on metallic red. FK1000P is another great choice. Anything overly glossy will mute the flakes.

rider9195
10-19-2011, 02:37 PM
I have BFWD topped with Midnight Sun on my corvette. It is amazing. I didn't even know it had the slight metallic tint before the BFWD.

MS looks good on non-metallic paints as well. :xyxthumbs: