PDA

View Full Version : Dodo Supernatural Hybrid vs. Collinite 915

rspayumo
10-19-2011, 07:17 AM
I am planning to do some detailing on our Brown Metallic SUV this coming weekend.

Wash - Clay - Klasse AIO - Klasse HGS

I've been choosing a good LSP to top the sealant off and I'm choosing between Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid or Collinite 915 as these are the only waxes that are available locally in our country. I don't have any experience using them yet but I've seen cars that have used both and they provide really good results.

Any comments, recommendations, suggestions please? Durability? Shine? Application?

Thanks! Feed back please

alko
10-19-2011, 08:08 AM
I tested the Collinite 915 out on a hood and it looked GREAT! I feel that it can stand up to some Swissvax, which I recently used as an LSP for my Acura. I plan on using 915 as an LSP for my winter sealant (2 layers). Hopefully someone will chime in that has used the DoDo Juice.

Flannigan
10-19-2011, 08:10 AM
I'm on the other side, I've used SNH but not 915. I liked SNH, but it didn't blow me away especially for the price. From what I've heard 915 is a great wax for the price! Honestly you probably would be happy with either of them, but if on a budget I would think 915 would serve you better.

BuckeyeR/T
10-19-2011, 08:12 AM
915 is my choice for winter all by itself.

alko
10-19-2011, 08:19 AM

OOOOO HHHHHHH !!!!!!

I opened the can of 915 and put it in an air tight container. I'll be applying via the PC 7424XP with a red CCS pad. How do you apply it?

TLMitchell
10-19-2011, 08:45 AM
I am planning to do some detailing on our Brown Metallic SUV this coming weekend.

Wash - Clay - Klasse AIO - Klasse HGS

I've been choosing a good LSP to top the sealant off....

You've already chosen two LSPs... KAIO is a pretty fair sealant in addition to chemical polish. KSG is better yet. Personally, I'm not much for layer after layer after layer of LSPs, I'd rather save a step and produce a better end result by polishing with a light abrasive to remove defects then add my LSP of choice. But that's just me... You didn't mention whether you're working by hand or machine.

...... I'm choosing between Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid or Collinite 915 as these are the only waxes that are available locally in our country.

What country is that? If you put your location in your profile it shows up under your avatar.

SNH goes on and off easier and is initially much slicker feeling. It's hard to describe but it leaves a combination of sealant and carnauba looks... high gloss along with depth and wetness. Although respectable I didn't find the longevity anything to write home about... especially compared to anything Collinite. 915 goes on & off more like traditional pastes, more work spreading and getting it on thin and a bit more work removing. The look is as deep and wet as anything I've used and I didn't think it muted flake particularly badly. The longevity is legendary. If you apply 915 by machine you can't remove it in a puck through the top of paint-can-style, pry off lid. You have to open the bottom with a can opener then find the right sized lid to cover after use.

SNH is almost twice the price for a much smaller container and it doesn't last nearly as long.... that'd make the decision right there for me. YMMV.

TL

rspayumo
10-19-2011, 09:18 AM
I tested the Collinite 915 out on a hood and it looked GREAT! I feel that it can stand up to some Swissvax, which I recently used as an LSP for my Acura. I plan on using 915 as an LSP for my winter sealant (2 layers). Hopefully someone will chime in that has used the DoDo Juice.

Thanks! I've seen 915 on a car personally and it really looked great! :xyxthumbs:

I'm on the other side, I've used SNH but not 915. I liked SNH, but it didn't blow me away especially for the price. From what I've heard 915 is a great wax for the price! Honestly you probably would be happy with either of them, but if on a budget I would think 915 would serve you better.

915 is cheaper. Thanks! :xyxthumbs:

You've already chosen two LSPs... KAIO is a pretty fair sealant in addition to chemical polish. KSG is better yet. Personally, I'm not much for layer after layer after layer of LSPs, I'd rather save a step and produce a better end result by polishing with a light abrasive to remove defects then add my LSP of choice. But that's just me... You didn't mention whether you're working by hand or machine.

What country is that? If you put your location in your profile it shows up under your avatar.

SNH goes on and off easier and is initially much slicker feeling. It's hard to describe but it leaves a combination of sealant and carnauba looks... high gloss along with depth and wetness. Although respectable I didn't find the longevity anything to write home about... especially compared to anything Collinite. 915 goes on & off more like traditional pastes, more work spreading and getting it on thin and a bit more work removing. The look is as deep and wet as anything I've used and I didn't think it muted flake particularly badly. The longevity is legendary. If you apply 915 by machine you can't remove it in a puck through the top of paint-can-style, pry off lid. You have to open the bottom with a can opener then find the right sized lid to cover after use.

SNH is almost twice the price for a much smaller container and it doesn't last nearly as long.... that'd make the decision right there for me. YMMV.

TL

Oooppps! Sorry! I forgot to mention my location. I'm from the Philippines.

My only option is to work by hand using a MF applicator or a foam applicator. So I can't remove defects effectively. So my target would be applying KAIO like a paint cleaner, just work a little bit, then apply KSG. The paint is in pretty good shape, 4 month old car, wax maintained, clayed twice since I got her, very minimal swirls and scratches.

Thanks for the info. I guess 915 is the better choice, price-wise and durability-wise. Thanks again! :dblthumb2:

alko
10-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Good luck and post some pics!!!

BMW
10-19-2011, 09:53 AM
My vote would be for Collinite 915 for the price, longevity and comparable looks. I usually work it by hand and compared to the paste waxes I applied 20 years ago...it is a breeze.

rspayumo
10-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Good luck and post some pics!!!

Thanks! I'll try if I can get some decent shots.

My vote would be for Collinite 915 for the price, longevity and comparable looks. I usually work it by hand and compared to the paste waxes I applied 20 years ago...it is a breeze.

915 is actually my very first choice but after seeing the results of Supernatural Hybrid, I got curious which will be better.

Thanks to all who posted and suggested. My very first thread and you guys gave great reviews! More power to all of you! :dblthumb2:

BuckeyeR/T
10-19-2011, 01:02 PM
OOOOO HHHHHHH !!!!!!

I opened the can of 915 and put it in an air tight container. I'll be applying via the PC 7424XP with a red CCS pad. How do you apply it?
I - O!
Thin thin thin one panel at a time.
Still have a Grizzly and a Mountain Lion loose so, I'm hiding.

alko
10-19-2011, 01:10 PM
I heard about that man...thats nuts!!!! Heard the ol man let all the animals loose and then stretched himself out.

silverfox
10-19-2011, 01:26 PM
915... is flat out fantastic. Only down side...don't try to remove it anytime soon...so you guys that like the flavor of the week....915 in not for you...its a LONG term wax, perfect for us guys here in the northeast...and oh, yeah...it looks great on dark colors.