PDA

View Full Version : opti coat 2.0 and 3 or 4 inch pads for flex

Billand
10-18-2011, 10:29 PM
I have never used Opti coat products and have a few questions.

1. Is it complicated to use or does it just sound hard to use
2. how many aplications can you get from one tube i have a 08 mustang and 10 silverado ext cab.
3. If i mess up the application can it be taken off easily.

I also have questions about small 3 or 4 inch pads on the flex 3401 has anyone used them and if so are they worth the investment

Thanks in advance

TLMitchell
10-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Not as complicated as most of the threads try to make it. I read all the threads with all the questions and worries and found application totally anti-climactic.

Anthony Orosco has a thread with a primo application method using a pad in a glove wrapped in a soft blue shop paper towel... easiest method I've used. Rasky has a thread including a video showing his app methods. Very easy. Lots of Opti Coat application videos on YouTube.

I'm doing my Silverado Ex Cab piecemeal as I get the time to polish sections. On white it's impossible to see going on and I probably used way too much product. I expect to have some left after doing the truck but I was unsure so I picked up two tubes when they were on sale just in case. Don't know if you'll get both your vehicles done with one tube.

Don't worry about messing up the application... I had a few high spots visible the next morning, Poli Seal knocked 'em right down. Although you don't need to buff it off giving an area a light wipe with a MF after applying prevents high spots.

Can't comment on the Flex, I peddled my 3401 before multiple backing plates were available preecisely for that reason. Any other DA offers more versatility, IMO.

TL