PDA

View Full Version : Started Auto Mobile Detailing Business, what would be the best place to market it ?

theincrediblejf
10-18-2011, 09:56 PM
I started a Mobile Auto Detailing business, So far I have put my ad up on craiglist, backpage, yellowpages,google maps, yahoo locals. What else do you guys recommend to advertise my services ?

LuxuryMobile
10-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Go around to local attorneys, dentist, doctor, realty and similar offices and offer your services. These type of people always have someone in there parking lots cleaning cars.

If you can get in with the local hospitals or other medical parks, those are usually pretty profitable as well.

Find local car clubs or other local forums and mention your services.

alko
10-18-2011, 10:09 PM
:iagree: add country clubs and business parks to the list. I saw someone posted up at the Safeway (grocery store) parking lot the other day

dad07
10-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Go to your local Chamber of Commerce and join up.......you will find many Biz owners willing to share their experiances and its a great place to make contacts.

Rav777
10-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Have you made a website yet? A website will get your name out there and you can add your website address to all of the marketing pages you already have made.

Btw Welcome! :welcome:

Joe@Superior Shine
10-18-2011, 11:05 PM
First thing first, clearly define your specific target market. Soccer mom, fleets, dealer, middle income, high-end, etc...????? The target that you choose, do they use detailing? Do they pay good money for it??

Now that you have that, how can you best reach them? Where do they shop, play, rest........ where do they go now for detailing?? What will compel them to buy from you? Why are you different? What problem of theirs can you solve?

About chambers........I have belonged to the chamber of commerce of three cities for over three years. I went to 90% of the meetings, volunteered, offered specials, had a booth at the expos, etc......In my opinion they are a complete waste of time. I about broke even not to mention all the time I put in. I am not in business to break even.

Think of a chamber of commerce like a swap-meet (flea market) that doesn't allow any buyers and only sellers.

Craigslist, in my market you do it only if your a bottom feeder. I signed up once for a service that would add my post every 3-5 days. I had a pro made page with lots of graphics. It only attracted the budget "cheapy" people.

Web site, essential!! You can do one cheaply that looks really well by using a template. Buy the template, add your copy and pics and your in biz!!

Be proactive! When I first started I had more time that money so I beat the pavement spreading the word about my business. Go visit your target market. Make contacts there. Offer promotions.

So remember, define your target then go get them!! GO LUCK!!

theincrediblejf
10-19-2011, 01:01 AM
First thing first, clearly define your specific target market. Soccer mom, fleets, dealer, middle income, high-end, etc...????? The target that you choose, do they use detailing? Do they pay good money for it??

Now that you have that, how can you best reach them? Where do they shop, play, rest........ where do they go now for detailing?? What will compel them to buy from you? Why are you different? What problem of theirs can you solve?

About chambers........I have belonged to the chamber of commerce of three cities for over three years. I went to 90% of the meetings, volunteered, offered specials, had a booth at the expos, etc......In my opinion they are a complete waste of time. I about broke even not to mention all the time I put in. I am not in business to break even.

Think of a chamber of commerce like a swap-meet (flea market) that doesn't allow any buyers and only sellers.

Craigslist, in my market you do it only if your a bottom feeder. I signed up once for a service that would add my post every 3-5 days. I had a pro made page with lots of graphics. It only attracted the budget "cheapy" people.

Web site, essential!! You can do one cheaply that looks really well by using a template. Buy the template, add your copy and pics and your in biz!!

Be proactive! When I first started I had more time that money so I beat the pavement spreading the word about my business. Go visit your target market. Make contacts there. Offer promotions.

So remember, define your target then go get them!! GO LUCK!!

Im targetint middle class people for now after I have all the confidence and quickness, I will go high end cars. For now daily drivers, thanks man yeah I will definitely do this tomorrow is my day off I will call Used car dealers as well. But about being outside hospitals, doctors office, dentists, etc. don you get in trouble ?

Joe@Superior Shine
02-20-2012, 11:07 PM
What is the latest??? You getting it handled??