PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Car Wax Spray - How often?

Pages : [1] 2

muscle
10-17-2011, 08:12 PM
This weekend I finished doing a complete detail on my Jeep. My LSP is 845. On my last order, I got a gallon of Optimum Car Wax. How soon and how often should I use the spray wax?

Setec Astronomy
10-17-2011, 08:17 PM
If I lived where you do, I think I'd use it as a drying aid at every wash and never use 845 again except after claying and/or polishing.

Rsurfer
10-17-2011, 08:18 PM
This weekend I finished doing a complete detail on my Jeep. My LSP is 845. On my last order, I got a gallon of Optimum Car Wax. How soon and how often should I use the spray wax?
As often as your heart desires. Never can have too much protection and it's so easy to use.:props:

rspayumo
10-17-2011, 08:19 PM
I use OCW every after wash. I usually wash once a week.

Rsurfer
10-17-2011, 08:22 PM
I use OCW every after wash. I usually wash once a week.
Do you use it as a drying aid or after drying?

fredcandetail
10-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Is this a spray wax that has to haze and then you buff it off or does it dry streak free like Megs Syn Wax or AquaWax?

tw33k2514
10-17-2011, 08:27 PM
As much as you like :)

Setec Astronomy
10-17-2011, 08:28 PM

I'll answer for me--I don't like using OCW or AW as a drying aid (although they are both labeled for that use), I prefer to dry first, then apply the spray wax...which is why I don't use it every time :(

Is this a spray wax that has to haze and then you buff it off or does it dry streak free like Megs Syn Wax or AquaWax?

You buff it until it disappears...it's very nice, although I think it needs a bit more rubbing than AW...it is a white liquid (I guess some of that is the carnauba).

Rsurfer
10-17-2011, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=Setec Astronomy;555388]I'll answer for me--I don't like using OCW or AW as a drying aid (although they are both labeled for that use), I prefer to dry first, then apply the spray wax...which is why I don't use it every time :(

I'm with you Setec on drying first, but I do like Hydro as a drying aid. Have you tried Prima?

Setec Astronomy
10-17-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm with you Setec on drying first, but I do like Hydro as a drying aid. Have you tried Prima?

Nah, I'm on an austerity program. I still have some WAUD from 2004.

rspayumo
10-17-2011, 08:36 PM

Haven't tried using it as a drying aid. I usually dry first. But I'm gonna try using OID as drying aid.

Rsurfer
10-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Haven't tried using it as a drying aid. I usually dry first. But I'm gonna try using OID as drying aid.
Try Prima Hydro Spray as a drying aid, you will love it.:props:

muscle
10-17-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks, everyone!

Chris Thomas
10-18-2011, 12:37 PM
If I lived where you do, I think I'd use it as a drying aid at every wash and never use 845 again except after claying and/or polishing.

Don't use it diluted or as a drying aid or you'll likely see streaking. You can apply it after a single drying pass (still damp), but not wet.

No waiting to haze. Just a single spray to a panel, spread for even coverage, then flip over your towel and buff to a shine.

OID is fine as a drying aid as it is concentrated, but OCW needs to be fairly dry for best results.

yakky
10-18-2011, 12:45 PM
I usually dry with a waffle weave that leaves a little bit of water, then for the final drying pass I use OCW.