PDA

View Full Version : Question on Poorboys

CaneCharger
10-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Sometimes I like to get a whole product line to tryout - what are your thoughts on this process on my Mustang:

Super Swirl Removal II
White Diamond Glaze
EX-P Sealant
*Natty's Paste Wax

Thoughts?

*should I do that?

Setec Astronomy
10-17-2011, 05:58 PM
I only have the original version of EX-P, but...let's just say, it's not my favorite sealant.

Bunky
10-17-2011, 06:09 PM
I only have the original version of EX-P, but...let's just say, it's not my favorite sealant.

Why?Feed back please

Griffee
10-17-2011, 06:11 PM
I haven't tried the others, but have had great success with the White Diamond on silver.:xyxthumbs:

Setec Astronomy
10-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Why?Feed back please
It doesn't matter, mine is old and they've changed it. Let's hear from some users of the current version!

BMW
10-17-2011, 07:58 PM
I use the new version of PB's EX-P Sealant. I do really like it and has pretty decent longevity (I always double coat it).

Two Caveats:
1. Be careful getting it on textured plastic (especially older plastic)...bit of a pain to get off.
2. Lay it down thin and be very thorough with buffing it off...especially if you leave it on for the recommended high gloss time of 30-60 mins. Because, missed or poorly buffed areas seem to come back to life as unbuffed spots.

I have dark colored cars so I use the Black Hole Glaze and such...it all works very well.

Setec Astronomy
10-17-2011, 08:06 PM
I use the new version of PB's EX-P Sealant. I do really like it and has pretty decent longevity (I always double coat it).

Two Caveats:
1. Be careful getting it on textured plastic (especially older plastic)...bit of a pain to get off.
2. Lay it down thin and be very thorough with buffing it off...especially if you leave it on for the recommended high gloss time of 30-60 mins. Because, missed or poorly buffed areas seem to come back to life as unbuffed spots.

LOL...I guess it hasn't changed much from the version I have. Although I haven't found the durability to be as good as you have (I don't think I ever "double coated" though).

tunicwriter
10-17-2011, 08:50 PM

Two Caveats:

I have dark colored cars so I use the Black Hole Glaze and such...it all works very well.

This has been my exact experience. The longevity is great, but no matter how thorough I am, it always seems to "come back to life" in a couple of days.

BMW
10-18-2011, 07:40 AM
tunicwriter...good to see I am not the only one that it has come back to life on...guess we should rename it as "Poorboy's Zombie Seal"

Y2KSVT
10-18-2011, 07:50 AM
Sometimes I like to get a whole product line to tryout - what are your thoughts on this process on my Mustang:

Super Swirl Removal II
White Diamond Glaze
EX-P Sealant
*Natty's Paste Wax

Thoughts?

*should I do that?

I thought your Mustang was pretty much dialed in? Do you really need the swirl removal step?

The Natty's Paste Wax is great. I've been using the red version for about a year and I love it.

JBL
10-18-2011, 08:21 AM

Super Swirl Removal II
White Diamond Glaze
EX-P Sealant
*Natty's Paste Wax

Thoughts?

*should I do that?

I like the sealant and have a coat on my car now. I topped that with Collinite #845, but the look is fantastic. Can't speak to longevity since it's only been 2 weeks, but the car still feels great.

I have Natty's, have used it once before and liked it, but that was it prior to the collinite for the winter.