PDA

View Full Version : How many of you actually USE a pressure washer?

Pages : [1] 2 3

DLB
10-17-2011, 03:52 PM
I see a LOT of threads looking for cleaning suggestions on various things, and in many cases it is something I would simply just pressure wash.

I know some people drag out a pressure washer for pre-rinsing or foam blasting. That's not what I mean.

Who actually uses one for all the MANY things you can?

A list of things I commonly use a pressure washer for (on vehicles):
•Floor Mats (Number 1 most used for)
•Built Up Grime
•Pre-Rinsing
•Complete Carpets
•Seats
•Engine Cleaning
•Undercarriage Cleaning
•Wax Removal from Plastic Trim
•Fender Wells
•Wheel barrels (wheels off of vehicle)
•Windshield

Other stuff I have used it for, but isn't really common practice (not the best way to do it):
•Decal Removal
•Bug Gut Removal

Anyone?

DLB

rider9195
10-17-2011, 04:01 PM
I'll bring out my pressure washer sometimes. Only if the vehicle needs to be rinsed off. Or if there is brake dust build up, usually with the wheels having protection on them a quick blast with it can clean the wheels up quickly. Bugs usually come off easily using it as well. Oh and sometimes I'll use Bug Squash 15:1 as a pre-wash. So I would rinse with the pressure washer, mist on Bug Squash then pressure wash off. Leaves the paint a lot cleaner and reduces possibility of inducing swirls. :xyxthumbs:

dad07
10-17-2011, 04:07 PM
I use my pressure washer ALL the time.....pre rinse,foam,rinse etc.

If it needs to washed I use it.......pressure washed a house today for a good customer....I like to use it when ever I can.

Flannigan
10-17-2011, 05:20 PM
I use mine for every detail. I use it to pre-rinse/foam the vehicle. Clean the wheels, tires, wheel wells and clean really nasty floor mats. I personally don't use it on engine bays because I don't like the idea of high pressure water going in all sorts of places under the hood. Not saying it's bad, just my .02.

5Toes
10-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Seats... dude you're nuts

Love mine, Use it to get moss out of every nook and cranny

alko
10-17-2011, 05:45 PM
I use my pressure washer weekly to wash the car. I'll use the hose with a shut off valve to spend alittle more time and attention to the rims and wheels. I have a gas powered pressure washer and its a PITA to jump up and down to turn it on and off.

Driwash
10-17-2011, 05:48 PM
I use my gas powered pressure washer ALL the time.....pre rinse,foam,rinse etc.

Tom

Jimmie
10-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Only when I set it up to do floor mats will I use it for other jobs like washing; undercarriage. I will use it on engines, but I like my new trick better. I just barely crack the inline shut off with the nozzle removed. It give a little bitty higher pressure stream that's perfect for engines.

Trevor
10-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Not a pro here, so I have a question on this. For normal washes, is it safe to use the pressure washer? Its not going to induce swirls/scratches? I have a cheaper one, electric Husky from Home Depot so its not putting out mega pressure like some of the gas one.

Executive Detail
10-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Mine gets used ALL the time...EVERY wash and detail. In fact, I have 2...just in case my main one decides to call in sick one day.

loudog2
10-17-2011, 08:34 PM
My gas powered pressure washer gets used on every detail.

dad07
10-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Mine gets used ALL the time...EVERY wash and detail. In fact, I have 2...just in case my main one decides to call in sick one day.

When they call in sick on payday its time to throw them out! LOL

LuxuryMobile
10-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Use it for everything almost and for every vehicle. Would feel lost without it. Door jambs, wheel wells, bugs, etc.

Kristopher1129
10-17-2011, 09:55 PM
EVERY single time I prep a vehicle. IMO, it's the only way to really prep. I feel it makes everything about a detail easier from start to finish.

ALLN1WASH
10-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Everyday...