PDA

View Full Version : New Formula Optimum Polish II Impressions...

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
10-17-2011, 03:06 PM
As far as cut, I'd put this polish in between a compound and finishing polish. It's a medium polish that uses SMAT technology!!! :righton: I've found it to have a long working time and no dust! It finishes very nice, even on soft paint. It brought back the color and gloss nicely after using a compound. DO NOT use a lot of product. Prime the pad thoroughly, and add a couple pea sized drops after each panel. Overall, this polish is a definite winner!! :buffing:

rider9195
10-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Very nice to hear about the new formulas of the Optimum polishes. Seems like it has good features that I look for. Thanks for the input on it Mark :xyxthumbs:

Matt S.
10-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the info Mark. How would you rate the cut compared to something like Power Finish?

Mike Phillips
10-17-2011, 03:21 PM
I would agree with most of what Mark posted, especially the long play time and no dusting which is becoming the norm for Dr. David Ghodoussi's paint care products.

You can also find my comments on these three new formulas for Optimum Compound II, Polish II and Finish in this thread,

Bumblebee - Testing out the NEW DeWALT DWP849X (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/37831-bumblebee-testing-out-new-dewalt-dwp849x.html)

New Optimum products and Constant Contact foam pads
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1202/49SedanDelivery0017.jpg

:xyxthumbs:

Rav777
10-17-2011, 04:18 PM
I absolutely love this Polish! Very good work time and no dust! :props:

Pats300zx
10-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Great info Mark. Can't wait to try out the new Optimum Polishes.

Bunky
10-17-2011, 06:06 PM
As far as cut, I'd put this polish in between a compound and finishing polish. It's a medium polish that uses SMAT technology!!! :righton:

So it is close to SIP?

WRAPT C5Z06
10-17-2011, 06:19 PM
I have no direct comparison, but if I had to guess, I'd say it has more cut than Power Finish. I haven't used SIP in a long time, so I'm not sure.

terentius
10-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Do we need to get the Optimum finish poilish II if we have got the optimum polish II? since Optimum polish can be a finish polish with a change of PAD.

reason being I realise I make a mistake to my recent AG order. I order 2 x Optimum polish II by instead instead of 1x Optimum finish polish II and 1 x Optimum polish II :(

IID
10-18-2011, 12:33 AM
I absolutely agree with you Mark.
I was fortunate enough to get some sample's of all 3 new formula's(CompoundII,PolishII,and Finish Polish):
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/38323-100degrees-new-optimum-product-s-lot-s-o-pic-s.html
They are my mainstay of go to polishes for correction.I have many others but these 3 are what I will lead with when doing correcting work.

I have since depleted my 8oz sample bottle's and moved onto the 32oz bottles(all 3).
;)

WRAPT C5Z06
10-18-2011, 01:04 AM
I absolutely agree with you Mark.
I was fortunate enough to get some sample's of all 3 new formula's(CompoundII,PolishII,and Finish Polish):
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/38323-100degrees-new-optimum-product-s-lot-s-o-pic-s.html
They are my mainstay of go to polishes for correction.I have many others but these 3 are what I will lead with when doing correcting work.

I have since depleted my 8oz sample bottle's and moved onto the 32oz bottles(all 3).
;)
:righton:

Dr Oldz
10-18-2011, 01:40 AM
These are on the to buy list. I have been having great results with the spray polish and compound lately and these would just add a bit more variety to my tools.

silverfox
10-18-2011, 04:21 AM
Try finishing down with their new MF finishing disc with either hyper polish or thier new finishing polish. Finally a combo that is an alternative to D301 and the results are stunning.

Dr Oldz
10-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Try finishing down with their new MF finishing disc with either hyper polish or thier new finishing polish. Finally a combo that is an alternative to D301 and the results are stunning.

You are absolutely correct. I tried the discs on a DA with Hyper polish yesterday. They cut very nice and finished down super glossy.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-18-2011, 12:03 PM
You are absolutely correct. I tried the discs on a DA with Hyper polish yesterday. They cut very nice and finished down super glossy.
I spoke with Dr. G and he told me that the current versions of the spray compound and polish finish super good on hard paint, but there's issues finishing on soft paint. They've reformulated the hyper spray series to work better on all paints. :righton: