PDA

View Full Version : New Way to Clean a Seat...Or... That's Using The Old Butt

oldmodman
10-17-2011, 02:51 PM
I tried to help out a neighbor that had a leaky quart of milk soak into her fabric passenger seat. The whole quart. I tried an extractor, a steam cleaner, and lots of different cleaners and nothing worked.

Until.......

I took the seat out of the car. Disassembled the seat bottom and put it into a huge tray of water. Deep enough to cover the entire seat bottom. Let it soak up all the warm, soapy water it could. The took it out and sat on it! Repeated four more times with soapy water, then five more times to rinse. Then after sitting on it and trying to squish all the water out I used an extractor (a really powerful vacuum) to get every bit of water out that I could. Then left it propped up with two fans blowing on it. For two days. After that, no smell at all.

She was very happy and said "that's using the old noggin". I hope she meant that in a good way.

Mike Phillips
10-17-2011, 03:27 PM
Funny story and good example of thinking outside of the box...

Thanks for sharing!

:)

Flash Gordon
10-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Great story! Your method sounds very effective :)

I remove, then blast nasty seats with a pressure washer, apc and a brush. Afterwards, I hang in the Sun to dry and rotate the seat as the day goes on

BuckeyeR/T
10-17-2011, 05:12 PM
Butt not for your efforts the seat would still smell. :)

cmichael258
10-17-2011, 05:13 PM
The took it out and sat on it! Repeated four more times with soapy water, then five more times to rinse.

Have you by chance noticed a pack of cats following you around? :rolleyes:

Bunky
10-17-2011, 06:10 PM
I first read this like a new TV show "This Old Butt"

oldmodman
10-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Have you by chance noticed a pack of cats following you around? :rolleyes:

That's pretty funny because the answer is yes.

I rescue feral cats. And they absolutely know who feeds them. I walk out my back door and there is the usual bunch, waiting for a handout.