PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about wax prep

Mk23
10-17-2011, 02:04 AM
If I am using Natty's Blue wax do I need to make sure and keep it off of trim? even glossy trim that appears to have clear coat? I was thinking of doing some Nattys blue on my car tomorrow as the car is clean but I don't really want to have to tape up the whole car...

Any ideas?

Mobile detail
10-17-2011, 02:36 AM
If you are applying the wax by hand then no, unless you have no motor skills. Not sure if natty stains trim it not but I generally only tape areas that I know I might hit with the da while waxing. Are you talking about painted trim like fender flares or plastic pieces?

yakky
10-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Natty's will be fine, even if you get some on trim. Most waxes are too, the big trouble comes with cleaner waxes that are allowed to STAY on the trim and not immediately wiped off.

Jimmie
10-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Natty's will be fine, even if you get some on trim. Most waxes are too, the big trouble comes with cleaner waxes that are allowed to STAY on the trim and not immediately wiped off.

:iagree: cleaner waxes stain. Reg nuba's, sealants, OK.

Mk23
10-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the replies. I was mainly talking about both types of trim, plastics and glossy bits. But if you guys are sure it wont harm the trim then I'll go for it. :xyxthumbs:

P.s. I imagine it will hurt rubber right? Probably need to avoid that...

*edit*

Is it possible to apply Nattys with a PC 7424xp? Seems I do better at applying things when it's by machine, I tend to use less and spread it thinner...