PDA

View Full Version : Man I Love ONR!

Scarelane
10-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Today it was very windy and cool out. So I washed my 1967 Ford Fairlane 500XL, 1997 Lexus ES300 and 2002 Toyota Highlander inside of my nice warm garage, out of the cold and wind, while watching football in HD, using ONR. Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine: clay lubricant, optimum rinseless wash, no rinse car wash, optimum detailing products (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html)

What a great product. Washes well, dries quick and easy, smells good and leaves no streaks. I don't wash my Fairlane as much as my every day drivers, but when I do, I love using ONR. So much nicer than a regular wash. Faster and easier, especially since that car doesn't get very dirty.

Can't recommend ONR enough. Awesome product. Will be using it a lot this Winter!

:props::props:

5Toes
10-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Does anybody use this for clients cars just with a mitt and then somebody comes behind you to dry?

embolism
10-16-2011, 09:53 PM
me too. It's my goto for clay lube as well

I prefer it over DP W&G...

Scarelane
10-16-2011, 10:22 PM
me too. It's my goto for clay lube as well

I prefer it over DP W&G...

I like the DP product a lot too. DP Waterless Auto Wash Concentrate & Detail Bottle, DP Waterless Wash Spray Bottle Combo (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-waterless-wash-combo.html). But the ONR is my favorite for sure.

I haven't used ONR as a clay lube yet. I've been using Dodo for that. Dodo Juice Born Slippy Clay Lubricant Concentrate, born slippy clay lube, detailing clay lubricant, clay lube concentrate (http://www.autogeek.net/born-slippy-clay-lube.html)

Makes my clay so slippery that I have difficulties holding on to it! GREAT product!!

:props:

Kristopher1129
10-16-2011, 10:48 PM
I use ONR as a clay lube, window cleaner, and just all around quick detailer.

I have used it for it's main purpose being a rinseless wash as well. I prefer not to just because I like to get inside wheel wells, jambs, and all those other tough spots with a pressure washer. But, there are times when you're on a property where you can't do such a thing.

In my case due to my location...it comes in real handy in the winter. Gets really cold here in New Hampshire...and I stay fairly busy then as well. I typically just do a quick pre-pressure wash outside, bring it in before it freezes, then I'll do an ONR wash inside. Very handy, and beats trying to fight frozen soap, haha.

weavers
10-17-2011, 01:33 AM
I only use ONR on client cars. A big selling point of my business is being "eco friendly" a typical car wash uses between 60-100 gallons of water. With ONR I use only 3 gallons. Lots of soap bubbles is also bad for the environment. At least here anyways, that was a big concern the city had when I applied for my business licence. Our water goes to the bay(California). I charge more for a traditional car wash with soap. ya I do, it takes longer, i get all wet...its just a hassle. ONR cleans cars that are 1-2months dirty without any problems. I washed a car with ONR that was garaged for 2 years without a wash.

When I first heard about ONR I thought it was a waste of money. Its been everything advertised and more. It does everything. After washing the car I use it to wash my wheels. It doesn't really clean caked on brake dust, but certainly a month of brake dust, easily cleans waxed wheels. ONR even cleans windows, not the best but pretty good. I use ONR to wipe down door jams, and interior, leather seats, dash, ect.

Dr Oldz
10-17-2011, 01:47 AM
I really don't use ONR much as I tend to do traditional washes but it is indeed a great product for those that choose this style of washes.

AeroCleanse
10-17-2011, 09:50 AM
I use ONR mainly for winter washing.

PPLd
10-17-2011, 10:11 AM
I like the idea of using ONR to wash windows!
the inside of my windows are quite dirty let me try that out next time!

and... ONR is on BOGO now!
time to stock up!

mwtaco
10-17-2011, 10:41 AM
with the DP roll back and the ONR BOGO, 128oz comes out to the same price.

flyinion
10-17-2011, 02:25 PM
I only use ONR on client cars. A big selling point of my business is being "eco friendly" a typical car wash uses between 60-100 gallons of water. With ONR I use only 3 gallons. Lots of soap bubbles is also bad for the environment. At least here anyways, that was a big concern the city had when I applied for my business licence. Our water goes to the bay(California). I charge more for a traditional car wash with soap. ya I do, it takes longer, i get all wet...its just a hassle. ONR cleans cars that are 1-2months dirty without any problems. I washed a car with ONR that was garaged for 2 years without a wash.

When I first heard about ONR I thought it was a waste of money. Its been everything advertised and more. It does everything. After washing the car I use it to wash my wheels. It doesn't really clean caked on brake dust, but certainly a month of brake dust, easily cleans waxed wheels. ONR even cleans windows, not the best but pretty good. I use ONR to wipe down door jams, and interior, leather seats, dash, ect.

Wow, I was wondering how dirty of a car you could use ONR on but that's very encouraging. I might take a chance and use it on mine this week. Well, I use it regularly, but I just did a 300mi trip this weekend and have more than my normal grime build-up and a number of bug splats (at least on the windshield). I usually always do a full wash after one of those drive. I agree it's definitely much faster to use ONR when possible compared to a full wash.

drisaudi
10-19-2011, 12:13 AM
I found out about the ONR on the forums. I love the stuff. Especially for the in between washes. I do ONR once to twice a week and the hose wash about once every 10 days. It is so easy. No dragging out the hose. I have showed how it works to clients. I sell cars. They love it. And last winter I had the cleanest car around from being able to do it in the garage. It is a addictive wash. I also take a cap full on the hose wash and it pretty much eliminates spotting. My wife uses it as a general around the house cleaner. It does everything.

david79z28
10-19-2011, 08:38 AM
I use it on my garage queens. Other methods just aren't as effective at removing all of the dust they accumulate especially after I drive them down a dirt road from my shop to the highway...

Also my older vehicles don't seal as well around the windows. So I can control any leaking into the car...