PDA

View Full Version : Optimum products shelf life ?

Hoytman
10-16-2011, 09:36 PM
What is sort of shelf life can be expected from these Optimum products? Considering buying in gallons.

Optimum Power Clean
Optimum Car Wash
Optimum Car Wax
Optimum No Rinse

Also, what are the differences between Opti-clean and OPC? Feed back please

Setec Astronomy
10-16-2011, 10:02 PM
I haven't heard of any shelf life issues with those Optimum products (other than some fading of the color of ONR, but I think that's if you pre-mix it and let it sit).

Opti-Clean is a waterless wash, OPC is an APC.

storm100
10-16-2011, 10:40 PM
What is sort of shelf life can be expected from these Optimum products? Considering buying in gallons.

Optimum Power Clean
Optimum Car Wash
Optimum Car Wax
Optimum No Rinse

Good question Bill. I would like to know the info on the finish polish. Maybe Chris will see this and chime in.
Feed back please

Hoytman
10-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Good question Bill. I would like to know the info on the finish polish. Maybe Chris will see this and chime in.
Feed back please

I could be mistaken, but it seems like there was a thread where Chris replied about the shelf life of optimum polishes being somewhat short. I believe he suggested only to purchase the amount of product you thought you could use up in a short amount of time, which disappoints me somewhat. I wasn't sure if the shelf life he spoke of included the products I mentioned or not.

Setec Astronomy
10-16-2011, 11:26 PM
I could be mistaken, but it seems like there was a thread where Chris replied about the shelf life of optimum polishes being somewhat short. I believe he suggested only to purchase the amount of product you thought you could use up in a short amount of time, which disappoints me somewhat. I wasn't sure if the shelf life he spoke of included the products I mentioned or not.

I think it was the polishes and Poli-Seal, and I think he said don't buy more than you will use in 2 years.

brawl
10-16-2011, 11:41 PM
I read somewhere Dr. G saying 2-3 years for polishes. The liquids you mentioned, like other products, should have longer shelf life.

Chris Thomas
10-17-2011, 06:15 PM

Optimum Power Clean
Optimum Car Wash
Optimum Car Wax
Optimum No Rinse

These are very stable for extended intervals. Car wash and ONR can even be used after freezing and thawing. The polishes I was referring to was our old versions while the new ones will go longer. My suggestion for only buy what you will use in a year was just my opinion...not an official recommendation or anything.