PDA

View Full Version : AIO for minor holograms.

Pages : [1] 2

ShineTimeDetail
10-16-2011, 08:11 PM
I did a black challenger and finished with 205 with a rotary. I really didn't see any holograms but there may have been a few under the right light. What all in one product could I use to elimination and swirls. If I can skip the orbital buffer with a polish that would be great.

Flannigan
10-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Optimum Poli-Seal

Fast Eddie
10-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Sonax Paint Cleaner

Flannigan
10-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Sonax Paint Cleaner
AFAIK that doesn't have any protection in it, so it's not really an AIO.

Edit: Well it says it has a little carnuba in it, so I take that back. Probably not any noticeable protection though.

fredcandetail
10-16-2011, 08:29 PM
I never ever try to finish out with rotary ... Just to darn hard and those who say they jewel I bet they marr paint as well. Ut as jeweling is done in the polishing stage all the oils mask it all
Trust me I used to say I "jewel" paint until a customer knowledgable on paint came back 2-3 months later after many washes and sure enough there was some light marring and holograms.. I now just use the rotary for corrections and gel coats and finish out with the flex 3401

Fast Eddie
10-16-2011, 08:29 PM
AFAIK that doesn't have any protection in it, so it's not really an AIO.

Edit: Well it says it has a little carnuba in it, so I take that back. Probably not any noticeable protection though.

Yeah, I'm not sure about how much protection it has, but it works great for removing light holograms. DI description of sonax paint cleaner is :AIO product that deep cleans, polishes and protects.....
the "protects" part is debatable though.

ShineTimeDetail
10-16-2011, 08:40 PM
I believe you can finish with a rotary. I can't and don't know many that can but I think its possible. I think the paint polished with a rotary looks better than a using an orbital.

LuxuryMobile
10-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Optimum Poli-Seal

Seems like a good option to me.

fredcandetail
10-16-2011, 10:06 PM
I believe you can finish with a rotary. I can't and don't know many that can but I think its possible. I think the paint polished with a rotary looks better than a using an orbital.

If you can't why did you try it?

I think the paint polished with a rotary looks better than a using an orbital.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever seen two side by side... Barely if at all noticeable and it's just a temporary glow

ShineTimeDetail
10-16-2011, 10:10 PM
I didn't really try...when I was done with the rotary I pulled the car in the sun and saw no holograms....usually I will see holograms that's why I posted this question.

john b
10-16-2011, 10:19 PM
theres a bunch of folks that finish down with a rotary on here

Kristopher1129
10-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Of course you can finish with a rotary. It's like anything else...just the right product and pads. I will say that there's much more of a learning curve to finishing with a rotary. But, it's not rocket science.

The thing about a rotary, is that there's SO many ways to screw up your final buff. The wrong pad, wrong speed, bad technique, dirty pad, less than efficient claying, left over previous product, etc, etc, etc.

I've had so many workers come through my shop that say they can use a rotary and have for many years....then I say "alright, here's all my pads, and product...do this car and I'll check it out". Never fails...I look over a few minutes later, and they're standing there wondering what the hell are all these pads for, and why is there so much product, haha.

I personally don't like to finish with 205 (on a rotary). I find that 205 with pretty much any pad has quite a bit of cut for a polish. I'll use something light like #7. I like #7 cause it's oily, and spreads really nice and creates a smooth final polish. That's just me though.

ShineTimeDetail
10-17-2011, 02:29 AM
What's number 7?

cutter
10-17-2011, 06:32 AM
What's number 7?

Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze is a final step auto glaze to enhanced the gloss prior to wax application. Get a show car shine with Meguiars #7 Show Car (http://www.autogeek.net/meg7showcarg.html)

ShineTimeDetail
10-17-2011, 07:19 AM
I thought so. I have some but I find it hard to take off