PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845 and Artillery Fungus

Ryan R
10-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Last week a fellow forum member solved my black tar dot mystery.
The mulch beds at my sisters school are filled with artillery fungus and the wind is constantly blowing it on her car.
I spent a long time claying the entire car last week. Sealing it and then coating with 845.
A week later it's all over the car again but now that it's topped with 845 I can easily just wash it off with my regular wash soap.
Another reason why I'm loving the Collinite 845!

FUNX650
10-17-2011, 08:20 AM
The mulch beds at my sisters school are filled with artillery fungus and the wind is constantly blowing it on her car.

....I spent a long time claying the entire car last week. Sealing it and then coating with 845....
....A week later it's all over the car again

I wouldn't want to be faced with this seemingly ongoing problem.

Now that you have located the source of the AF problem....

IMO...It may be time to inform your sister's school, and/or School Board members, that their AF infested mulch beds needs attention (get rid of existing organic mulch and replace it with either: pine bark chips, cypress mulch, or "Sweet Peet" mulch....or, even better: inorganic materials. These are some of the procedures I undertook at my residence to alleviate these AF spores.

Perhaps some folks' personal home/auto insurances will cover fungus/mold damages...mine won't even offer it as a 'rider clause'. But I was informed that businesses and public facilities are obligated to ensure their facilities, including the grounds areas, and the maintenance thereof, will not cause harm to people, or their property.

Just a few of my old, moldy thoughts.

:)

Bob