PDA

View Full Version : new vehicle paint

skrubber
10-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Hello to everyone, I just purchased a new pick up truck. My thoughts on the paint were-
1-wash with Sonus high gloss shampoo
2-clay with fine clay bar
3-rewash and dry
4-apply Klasse sealant
5-apply Collinite 845

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks

2kredbb6
10-16-2011, 01:31 PM
3- could be replaced with IPA wipedown.
4 & 5 seem to be bullet proof for the winter months.

opie_7afe
10-16-2011, 03:58 PM
is the truck new new or new to you? got any pictures of your new toy?. your method seems to be good for winter protection, hopefully you didnt get the free swirl option with the truck from the dealer! if you did do some winter research and order some products then when spring comes get it nice and beautiful. you shouldn't need to do a second wash after claying. what i do is clay a panel and wipe it dry, i would do a ipa wipe down before applying the klasse sealant. from my reading on the forums alot of members have issues with klasse sealant not wiping off easy if you dont do a really thin layer. good luck cant wait to see how it looks!.furthermore, WELCOME TO AUTOGEEK FORUMS!!!!!!!!

skrubber
10-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Matt, thanks for info, truck is new 2011 F250 superduty crewcab with 6.7 twin turbo diesel,
400 hp. gotta lov it, Thanks

Chris's FX4
10-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Matt, thanks for info, truck is new 2011 F250 superduty crewcab with 6.7 twin turbo diesel,
400 hp. gotta lov it, Thanks

Please tell me you love the 800ft/lbs also? :drool:

It's also a Single-Sequential Turbo, not twins.:xyxthumbs:

skrubber
10-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Chris, thanks for clarification, new owner, all excited, only 18 miles on it to date, some mis-cominication on salesman part, dealer "detailed truck", saleman should be out of hospital in about a week, only kidding, thanks

shoeless89
10-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Like others said I would replace the re-wash with an IPA or Pre-wax Cleaner wipe down. Klasse is a great product but it is a PITA to get off. I would apply really thin but when you go to wipe it off I would spray some QD to help with removal. It helps a WHOLE lot! You could also go with a different sealant like Menzerna Power Lock or Wolfgang DGPS. Collinite 845 is awesome!