PDA

View Full Version : Having swirl mark issue

CAMAROZL1
10-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Will, used my DA polish and WG kit today. Im new to detailing but have clayed and waxed my vehicle for years. I started out with wash and clay then moved onto the swirl step. I have a griot polisher and mild swirls on my vehicle. I had my DA set to 5 with cobra orange cutting pad and began on test spot. The test spot was great so I moved on to rest of my vehicle. However on the backend of my vehicle, I had problem getting out swirls. I tried to bump up to 5 1/2 and 6 no results as well as try a slight more product. I did have multiple orange pads and did prime pad before uses as well. Im not sure what I did wrong or how I can take care of the problem. The swirls on my vehicle are fine and not deep into clear coat or metal of my vehicle. If you need more information I will do my best to get it for you

Ted S.
10-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Will, used my DA polish and WG kit today. Im new to detailing but have clayed and waxed my vehicle for years. I started out with wash and clay then moved onto the swirl step. I have a griot polisher and mild swirls on my vehicle. I had my DA set to 5 with cobra orange cutting pad and began on test spot. The test spot was great so I moved on to rest of my vehicle. However on the backend of my vehicle, I had problem getting out swirls. I tried to bump up to 5 1/2 and 6 no results as well as try a slight more product. I did have multiple orange pads and did prime pad before uses as well. Im not sure what I did wrong or how I can take care of the problem. The swirls on my vehicle are fine and not deep into clear coat or metal of my vehicle. If you need more information I will do my best to get it for you

Perhaps the swirls were worked into the paint? Not necessarily by you, but another person; maybe handwashing with a dirty towel/sponge/mit?

I am assuming you are using the WG Swirl Remover 3.0, perhaps you may wand to use a slightly more aggressive compound.

Can you take any pics?

flyinion
10-16-2011, 01:33 AM
I guess some other questions to think about also are, were the swirls reduced by a noticeable amount even though they remain? If so, is the car a daily driver? If you answer yes to the second question you have to realize then that eventually those swirls might re-appear and is it worth it to lose precious clear coat to remove them completely?

Dr Oldz
10-16-2011, 01:43 AM
The Wolfgang twins are great polishes but i am just gonna guess and say you need something that is more aggressive than Total Swirl Remover. Perhaps a compound like Megs 105 will suit you better in removing the defects.

CAMAROZL1
10-16-2011, 09:38 AM
I guess some other questions to think about also are, were the swirls reduced by a noticeable amount even though they remain? If so, is the car a daily driver? If you answer yes to the second question you have to realize then that eventually those swirls might re-appear and is it worth it to lose precious clear coat to remove them completely?

Yes the car is a daily driver so that maybe my problem car looks good but was hoping to see none. I'm new to all this so learning as I go. Not worth losing my clear coat at all.

loudog2
10-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Try SIP or 105 to see if they come out like stated above. Those 2 might induce some marring, so do they second step too in the test panel.